Smoothies & wind? & MUCH MUCH MORE!!!

  • INFO @ Vibrant Life
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2005
      From: Gypsi Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2005 3:09 PM Subject: RE: [Raw Food]
      Smoothies & wind? & MUCH MUCH MORE!!!

      The information below seems to be a contradiction ... seems you are just
      using different words.. plaque or sludge same thing... the walls get built
      up with something and pressure begins.. same thing...the nutrients still are
      not being used by the body with whatever word you chose to use...

      But thank you for answering this question.. sludge or plaque either way ....

      Is it ever possible that someone could feel maybe some of this stuff moving
      through veins?? there are time when my arm feels like I have a lump moving
      and slight pain.. then it goes away... no other ill effects at the time...

      Well... the question about how long it takes was not answered.. if one is 49
      and eated badly there probably is a bunch of sludge there right?? especially
      if the dr says your blood numbers are high in triglycerides and such.. I
      just do not want to get a false sense of health if I should be having more
      of one thing or another to help combat my past bad habits
      _____
      Hi Debbie,
      No contradiction, plaque is hardened, calcified material, as occurs on the
      teeth of those who eat poor food; it is substantially immobile and attaches
      to the underlying substrate (teeth, for example). In contrast, sludge does
      not harden to the same degree, and although it may be "sticky," it does not
      attach physically to the substrate (e.g., the intestinal wall). This is why
      surgeons routinely state that there is no such thing as plaque present --
      there is none.

      If there were really plaque in the gut, it would take a drill, scraper, or
      some really toxic chemicals to clean it out, and this is, in fact, an apt
      description of dentistry, tooth brushing, etc. In both cases, the body can
      clean out the material, but the body typically does so by dissolving away
      the material slowly, at its own pace, in accordance with its own priorities,
      energy, and other resources. This is why no one can answer your question
      about time. The more you continue putting in garbage, the longer the time.
      The more deeply you choose to clean up your habits, the shorter the time. If
      you choose to fast AND DO SO PROPERLY (which most do not), then the time may
      be shorter still.

      You ask about blood and veins and such. In general, your body will endeavor
      to clean up your blood ahead of most other parts of your body. And yes,
      sometimes we can sense certain underlying events, though most of this
      internal activity takes place beneath most people's conscious perception.

      Regarding your arm, which arm, what part of the arm, can you be more
      specific?

      Best,
      Elchanan

      --
      ------------------------ [ SECURITY NOTICE ] ------------------------
      To: rawfood@yahoogroups.com.

    • INFO @ Vibrant Life
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 2, 2005
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 2, 2005
          From: rawesome_lady Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2005 4:21 PM Subject:
          [Rawschool] Re: [Raw Food] Smoothies & wind? & MUCH MUCH MORE!!!

          Hi Nora and Elchanan

          This mucoid plaque theory is another thing I have a hard time
          understanding if it's for real or a myth as you call it. I recall
          Dr. Doug Graham explaining that the lining of the colon is much like
          the lining of our mouth. And we know food doesn't stick to the sides
          of our mouth so it makes perfect sense that it wouldn't stick to the
          sides of our colons. So with that understanding the mucoid plaque
          theory has to be a myth.

          Also about 3 years ago my husband had a colonoscopy. He had to take
          some yucky stuff beforehand that would make him clean out his colon
          before he went to the hospital. With all the horror stories I read
          about I expected that he would be on the can all night and he would
          be eliminating identifiable things he hadn't eaten in 20 years. Well
          he didn't really eliminate that much stuff. And when he was in the
          hospital the next day I got to see pictures of the inside of his
          colon and like you said it was nice and pink and clean looking.

          But then I read someone like John Rose who does believe in mucoid
          plaque and claims that by doing a cleanse he lost something like 15
          lbs. He says and I'm not quoting here so my figures could be off but
          he said something like he only had like 5% bodyfat, was in great
          shape yet when he did this cleanse he had all this stuff coming out
          of him that been in him for years. John Rose is someone who
          advocates a raw food diet and I believe his method of doing a cleanse
          is with an all juice 'fast'. He may use herbs too I'm not sure.
          Anyway John is a person who I think is respectable with the raw food
          movement and so I wonder how he can come to such a different
          conclusion.

          Also I've read books written by Dr. N.W. Walker (Colon Health) and
          Arnold Ehret who share similar stories of petrified waste encrusted
          on the walls of the colon along with worms and other nasty stuff.
          Walker explains that eating a cooked or processed food leaves a
          coating on the inner walls of the colon much like plaster.

          When I read these things it sounds believable and I can't imagine why
          they would lie. Which doesn't mean I think you guys are lying. I
          just don't understand how there can be such a vast difference in
          opinion...
          _____
          Hi there rawesome,

          That there is no plaque is not really a matter of opinion. Thousands of
          surgeons and nurses, hundreds of thousands of colonoscopies, all with the
          same result. It is almost unimaginable that all those people are telling one
          orchestrated lie, even to the most diehard lover of conspiracy theories.
          What you saw on the camera, before your own eyes, is what everyone sees:
          nice pink intestine.

          The lining of the mouth and that of the intestine are indeed both made of
          goblet cells, named for their shape. These cells are sloughed off and
          replaced daily (or very nearly so), there is literally no possibility that
          anything has time to stick to them in any permanent way. All such thinking
          is just nonsense.

          The RF world is just as filled with its own nonsense as is the rest of the
          world, and this should not surprise us at all. My advice is simple: listen
          to the teachers who are NOT selling products (other than perhaps educational
          products such as books and tapes). All the others have just as much vested
          interest in selling their products as does any other purveyor of "health"
          products.

          What comes out of the colon during a cleanse is the cleanse itself, heavy,
          indigestible, water-hogging stuff that the body wants to eliminate as
          quickly and completely as possible.

          And as for weight loss during such a cleanse, most colon cleanses involved a
          continuous reduction of eating throughout the cleanse. As one ingests fewer
          and fewer calories, one creates a partial fasting state, and weight loss is
          quite understandable. Further, if the person is someone who typically
          consumes a large quantity of salt, sodium chloride in ANY form, then we
          would anticipate an enormous loss of water weight in a very short time,
          under conditions of a partial fast where salt is withheld.

          Hope this explanation is helpful,
          Elchanan

          --
          ------------------------ [ SECURITY NOTICE ] ------------------------
          To: rawfood@yahoogroups.com, rawfoodchallenge@yahoogroups.com,
          Verify this digital signature at http://www.ciphire.com/verify.
          ------------------- [ CIPHIRE DIGITAL SIGNATURE ] -------------------
          Q2lwaGlyZSBTaWcuAVdyYXdmb29kQHlhaG9vZ3JvdXBzLmNvbSwgcmF3Zm9vZGNoYWxsZ
          W5nZUB5YWhvb2dyb3Vwcy5jb20sIHJhd3NjaG9vbEB5YWhvb2dyb3Vwcy5jb20Admxpbm
          ZvQGVhcnRobGluay5uZXQAZW1haWwgYm9keQBHDQAAfAB8AAAAAQAAAIG0n0JHDQAA5wI
          AAgACAAIAIFnfo1l3yJx72snhmViu3oGsSMfw7POYoNAuxM0NRYOYAQCGBKQTk27PO85E
          mR4UiL81VcH0YIbVdV9oyP7I8ZnRfVyfWVaXrlTS/m9lpLzdIFO0PlKiz5lLFrzVGKJDC
          6KydJT0U2lnRW5k
          --------------------- [ END DIGITAL SIGNATURE ] ---------------------

        • Gypsi at www.aromaticwings.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 2, 2005
            this doesn't happen often nor does it happen to any specific arm.. there are just times I feel this umm.. blockage feeling in my arm .. usually in the area between the crook of the arm and wrist.. of either arm..

            ok so if the herbal stuff that are sold as something to clean out a colon are not worth anything then what is it that they show in the pictures on the websites?? Is the mucousy ick come from being a toxin in the body therefore it is being dispelled through the colon.. and to someone not knowledgable of the body and nutrition they think that it is mucousy stuff that was already there clogging one up??

            ok makes sense on the time thing... i just wish there were more signs to inform that the body is working as expected on certain parts of the body.. meaning.. if it working on the lungs we will cough and dispell mucous, if the kidney.. some other part ot substance...

            I was reading some of Dr. Shelton's articles and it is mentioned about the enerving energy.. now if the body needs rest to heal... and we are not really feeling bad.. such as colds etc or detox stuff... but we are expected to exercise... in what form or matter is the body meaning " to rest"? I understand the stomach.. if we blend or juice.. but how so on other aspects.. how can we help this resting or can we??

            Just a note I am not dwelling or stressing on these things.. just thoughts that have come to mind as I read.. and wondering...

            "INFO @ Vibrant Life" <VLinfo@...> wrote:

            Regarding your arm, which arm, what part of the arm, can you be more
            specific?

            Best,
            Elchanan

          • anthony cotter
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 2, 2005
              hi elchanan
              just wondering what your take is on colonic or enemas?
              thank you for your time
              c fu