Re: Toxins/Quiting cigarettes / Patience

  • Joanie
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2005
      I wonder if this is true for people that quit smoking - if it takes a full year for the toxins to be cleansed/released from their bodies??? I know that "they" say it takes only 3-days for the nicotine to leave the system - but there are so many more nasty toxins from cigarettes; the nicotine is "only" the drug that keeps people hooked.....

      <valdaly@...> wrote:>>> "Alcoholics Anonymous requires a full year of sobriety before you get your first achievement badge, a little disc with "1" on it. Why not 90 days? Or six months. Because they know so long as the toxins are stuck in your tissues, you're not yet sober. The toxins are more powerful than you are. <<<

      An e-mail from Joanie
      "I did then what I knew then, & when I knew better, I did better."
      -Maya Angelou