Raw Foods & THE MATRIX (for everyone)

  • korangeli
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 26, 2005
      Kay C here..

      I am observing all the conflicting attitudes and opinions concerning
      different styles of eating, different foods etc The message I am
      receiving is that "our" raw-lifestyle "world" is none different from
      the conflicting opinions and ideas "out there".

      There is the garlic thing,
      The buckwheat drama,
      The Banana dilemma,
      The seaweed scenario,
      ... One gets the picture? ..

      I have a fascination and passion for studying Metaphysics;
      Occasionally I dip into conspiracy theories because this topic is my
      brother's interest.
      On Sunday we watched an up-date with David Icke's theory on the
      Matrix (Re:The movie) which is in keeping with many-many teachings;
      Some of which I have already experienced Elchanan presenting (Helping
      us to use our OWN minds to make decisions)

      The World as we see it is but an illusion, yet we get very caught up
      in what we see "out there". I get frustrated that I know this but
      also get caught up in it!
      Nothing happens "out there" until it first happens in the imaginary
      world of our consciousness and since we are all ONE energy we can
      easily pick up on each other's imagination without even realising it.
      There are no problems unless we create a problem but the mind loves
      to get it's "teeth" into problems because it is a problem solver!
      I am no exception to labelling things "good" or "bad"; But really
      these labels are relative to explain creation. To experience joy one
      must know pain or one would not know what joy is. Dark-light, Good-
      bad etc.. Not to mention what we call "time"!

      It is a good idea to accept that everything just IS. Accept
      everything as it's place in the world.
      The medical profession as an institution is a creation in itself; And
      those with a passion to work in that field are God re-creating
      themselves in that field, as much as the herbalist or crystal healing
      practitioner.

      What seems to be the problem is that we have generally been
      hypnotised by our parents, teachers, government etc and are now
      finding it a hard deal to un-learn and re-learn. We have good
      intentions - YES; But in carrying those intentions through, we come
      up with resistance from the previously programmed mind.

      It is a good idea to observe yourself and everything around you. Make
      note of what is going on. To watch yourself thinking - quite
      literally.

      I have caught myself up in emotional grief over everything I allowed
      myself to be "hypnotised" with previously. It is not so much my
      dwelling in the past, but that I am un-happy with what I see before
      in the present - and therefore making the "mistake" of looking into
      the future for "hope" or the past to further work out what
      went "wrong".
      Reading all this talk about 'bad' and 'good' foods is adding to my
      complete and utter hopeless depression with myself and the world! It
      doesn't seem there is anything "good" left to eat?! - I feel devoid
      of all joy in eating .
      - That is for me to figure out - to let go of;

      But in the meantime I would like to suggest that every time you
      question a food as to its quality/toxicity/nutrient value or benefit
      then please lighten up and accept that ALL things are there AS they
      ARE. Nobody is the authority on it. Anyone can find something good or
      bad with a food if it isn't eaten moderately.

      I have recently simplified my life greatly. Elchanan pointed out that
      I possibly use E3-live algae as a "drug" to fix a "problem" I have
      created. In desperation to simplify my life and find a way "out"
      (forward) I re-programmed my mind to believe I didn't need the algae
      anymore and have instantly gone off the taste. I mean, I really liked
      the taste the day before!!
      This proved the hypnotism theory..

      Some time ago David Wolfe made some sweeping claims about hybrid
      fruits. Gabriel Cousens and Brian Clement on the "no fruit" healing
      Green diet. I literally programmed myself to believe I needed a ton
      of greens and that bananas were to be consumed 'gingerly'.
      Whilst on the other hand, I understand that seaweed like nori is not
      a food especially recommended by the natural hygiene movement; but
      since I like it - I am therefore inclined to eat it occasionally
      until it no longer suits me - for whatever reason. I wouldn't touch a
      Nut however, my body gives strong signals that these are not food for
      me. In fact my intuition takes me completely away from oranges also -
      a fruit I usually love to consume. This is probably a temporary
      measure.
      What I am saying is:

      WE NEED TO LEARN TO DISCERN BETWEEN WHAT WE HAVE PROGRAMED OURSELVES
      TO BELIEVE AND WHAT SERVES A PURPOSE IN THIS PRESENT MOMENT.

      Less than "healthful" choices serve some purpose even if it is an
      inappropriate method to deal with stress. By observing our actions
      instead of judging them we can make significant and purposeful
      changes.

      Each one of us will find our own way according to what we are
      expressing at any given time. If everything is done consciously then
      you are winning in being the master of your own destiny; instead of
      the hypnotic programming of someone else's such as that which is
      heard through the media.

      A friend of mine loves raw chocolate. Yesterday I presented him with
      two articles; one by David Wolfe who promotes its benefits and one
      from The Natural Hygiene movement who teaches about its toxicity.
      This friend immediately scoffed at the natural Hygiene theory because
      (most likely) it does not justify he carry on eating it - But that is
      OK - For HIM.

      There is no point to life except the point we make; only sometimes
      by exploring what we are not, do we find out who we really are.
      None of us can go "wrong" because the destination will be the same.

      Let us embrace each step that we take in creating our own destiny at
      no expense to anyone else. I am deeply saddened by all the obsession
      and hype created around food - Most of all my own. It takes all the
      joy out of eating.
      I could easily allow myself to become more confused and depressed by
      participating in this group too frequently!
      I believe I know people in the street who are more at peace with
      eating a "regular" (mixed) diet than those of us to have analysed
      every food to the degree of creating a problem. Are we any different
      to other institutions or schools of thought?
    • Valerie Mills Daly
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 26, 2005
        Hi, Kay, your whole post was beautifully stated! I understand your expressed sadness and frustration; it is so easy to get caught up in almost assigning a "moral" value to foods, right and wrong, etc., it can get pretty distressing. It reminds me of a statement I've heard since I was little--it's not what goes into a person that is the problem, but what comes out of a person, from the heart, that can cause true damage.

        I am getting to the point where I just try to do what is optimal for me, what seems to be working for my body. No matter what is going on with the fruit and vegetable world, if I am for fresh, raw, organic (when possible) produce, I am certainly doing my body a whole lot more good than in my SAD days. And I resonate with your statement about people living in a state of peace in a mixed diet compared wtih those who agonize over every bite that goes into their mouths (been there!)--there are other ways of making ourselves unwell in addition to the food we eat. We need to relax and enjoy the goodness that is all around us; it makes us better able to deal with the things that may not be so good.

        Peace,
        Valerie

        korangeli <korangeli@...> wrote:
        Let us embrace each step that we take in creating our own destiny at
        no expense to anyone else. I am deeply saddened by all the obsession
        and hype created around food - Most of all my own. It takes all the
        joy out of eating.
        I could easily allow myself to become more confused and depressed by
        participating in this group too frequently!
        I believe I know people in the street who are more at peace with
        eating a "regular" (mixed) diet than those of us to have analysed
        every food to the degree of creating a problem. Are we any different
        to other institutions or schools of thought?
      • Bob Farrell
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 26, 2005
          --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "korangeli" <korangeli@y...> wrote:

          > Kay C here..
          >
          > I am observing all the conflicting attitudes and opinions
          concerning
          > different styles of eating, different foods etc The message I am
          > receiving is that "our" raw-lifestyle "world" is none different
          from
          > the conflicting opinions and ideas "out there".

          --------------snip
          Hi Kay..

          interesting post...I enjoyed most of it, and found the rest
          interesting.

          some of what I see going on is very much like the Blind Men and the
          Elephant story - a lot of it depends upon perspective: which part of
          the elephant has the blind man gotten a hold of?

          for instance,

          > There is the garlic thing,
          > The buckwheat drama,
          > The Banana dilemma,
          > The seaweed scenario,
          > ... One gets the picture? ..

          I look at all of the above, and use my WWBD? saying...(no offense to
          any religious out there..) which stands for What Would Bobo Do? with
          Bobo being my imaginary primate friend, who uses his senses to help
          sort out whether or not something is a good food for him.

          for the garlic - doesn't look all that appealing, doesn't smell too
          good (and Bobo would probably stop by now,), and one small taste
          would tell him that it's not a good food for him..

          for the buckwheat drama - Bobo doesn't know anything about the
          science and the studies..how does it look? if it's the hard
          grain/seed , probably not interested; if it's the "sprouted" seed,
          looks interesting, smells ok...and tastes, well just ok...probably
          wouldn't eat much of it (and yes, I've sprouted, grown and eaten and
          juiced Buckwheat..even attended the original HHI in Boston...spend a
          day there, read many of Dr. Ann Wigmore's, Victor Kulvinksas' books,
          etc..etc..Bobo has not...) it's green, it's got chlorophyll, etc...
          taste is only so so...

          now, let's do the banana with Bobo -- looks interesting...seems to
          have a handle on top....ok...smells ok...smells much better once he
          pulls on the handle, and opens the banana...and it
          tastes...hmm..GREAT..! so Bobo eats some of the bananas, sees how
          they agree with him, and then eats some more, and then makes it a
          staple of his diet..I'm with Bobo so far...

          The seaweed scenario - hmm...let's see as they are floating in the
          ocean/body of water...looks: not great..taste: hmm...very
          salty...Bobo probably stops; if he runs across it "dry" - looks: poor;
          smell - poor...he stops...no need to go further...

          For me, Bobo is a good "grounding" base - not complicated, based in
          Nature, species close enough to our own that I feel comfortable using
          it/him as a model, and it has yet to lead me astray. Notably, this
          is a very recent base for me...and yes, I'm studying Natural Hygiene
          and Life Science, as espoused by T.C. Fry, H.M. Shelton and others,
          *and* I'm grounding with Bobo.

          I don't see all the threads as so much "conflicting" as just
          different perspectives, with which I'm perfectly ok. It creates no
          conflict for me, just like observing the weather: some days it's
          sunny, others cloudy, and others stormy, and it's always "weather".
          Just like this group is what it is. Like, when it's 70F outside, is
          that hot/ medium or cold? it's none of those actually, it's just
          70F.

          > I have a fascination and passion for studying Metaphysics;
          ---- snip

          I enjoyed the movie "What the Bleep do you Know?", and some
          subsequent readings.
          ----snip
          I am deeply saddened by all the obsession
          > and hype created around food - Most of all my own. It takes all the
          > joy out of eating.
          ---snip
          disagree for me - I am not at all saddened by the _____ around food...
          I found many of the thoughts very interesting, thought-provoking, and
          then Bobo and I go out and sort some of them out. We've (Bobo and I,
          lol!) both grown very fond of ripe bananas through this group; dates
          have become a staple for me through this group. I've learned lots
          about, and experimented/ing, with various storage techniques for
          each. I've learned about mangoes, and added those to my diet. I've
          learned much about salt, and eliminated that from my diet (and yes, I
          saw the recent posts about salt...didn't change my thoughts at all...)
          I've started to meet, and know some "new" friends here. I very much
          appreciate any of the "road guides" along the way. Those who've gone
          down the path, and are willing to either cirlce back, or wait, and
          offer some of their experiences along the way..(Elchanan, Laurie,
          Froggy, Lu and others...)
          I'm glad the group is here!
          I've learned about hair washing, and completely eliminated shampoo
          and conditioner, substituting a good scrub, occasional lemon juice,
          and some lemon oil from the cloth about once a week: all working
          great.
          The group is a source of joy, and creates many senses of inspiration
          for me.

          > I could easily allow myself to become more confused and depressed
          by
          > participating in this group too frequently!
          I hope you're not doing that; I encourage you to make a different
          choice regarding the group, and to continue to notice what is going
          on with you.

          > I believe I know people in the street who are more at peace with
          > eating a "regular" (mixed) diet than those of us to have analysed
          > every food to the degree of creating a problem.

          agree - Bobo doesn't know anything about "analysing every food to the
          degree of creating a problem..." - he's got a very simple formula...
          he uses it, it supplies him with all of his life's needs, and he
          continues to swing from the trees enjoying life...(Bobo sometimes
          asks me why I bother with Nutridiary? lol!...)

          Are we any different
          > to other institutions or schools of thought?
          no, and yes.
          no, from the perspective that we are a free-choice collection of
          individuals, each with different ideas, experiences and backgrounds.

          yes, in that *most* of the focus, as stated in the group's homepage
          is pointed in a common direction, which leads to Health. We can only
          achieve Health by Healthy living.
          many other institutions/schools of thought, that are not
          Rawfood,Natural Hygiene/Life Science-based, can almost never make
          that claim: that it heads toward Health; that this is a path, a
          journey, with a well-trodden, inspected, and evaluated path, that
          does lead to somewhere grand. I'm excited to be on the Journey, and
          glad that you're along.

          all the best,

          Bob
        • korangeli
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 26, 2005
            We need to relax and enjoy the goodness that is all around us; it makes
            us better able to deal with the things that may not be so good.

            > Peace,
            > Valerie

            Thank you for your response Valerie. I am quite tearful over this
            subject actually. Was nice to comunicate over this - Thank you again x

            Bob - I have printed your reply, will take home to read over salad this
            evening.

            Love Kay C xx
          • Valerie Mills Daly
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 26, 2005
              This post made me feel good--it also made me laugh! What a difference a personality type can make! (Not making assumptions here, Bob, just noticing the half-full-half-empty idea coming into play!) I could totally identify with Kay's email, and your email, Bob, is my goal! My inner Eeyore is often to the forefront, and I need to give my inner Tigger a little more play time....hope this makes some sense....

              Peace,
              Valerie

              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 26, 2005
                From: Valerie Mills Daly [valdaly@...] Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005
                8:01 AM Subject: Re: [Raw Food] Re: Raw Foods & THE MATRIX (for everyone) &
                Bobo
                This post made me feel good--it also made me laugh! What a difference a
                personality type can make! (Not making assumptions here, Bob, just noticing
                the half-full-half-empty idea coming into play!) I could totally identify
                with Kay's email, and your email, Bob, is my goal! My inner Eeyore is often
                to the forefront, and I need to give my inner Tigger a little more play
                time....hope this makes some sense....

                Peace,
                Valerie
                _____
                Wonderfully put, Bob and Valerie!!! How helpful.

                I do want to share something additional here. Kay, you wrote, and many
                people teach, that reality sort of emanates from our conscious awareness.
                This is the myth of the The Matrix, it is a mythical idea.

                The subconscious portion of our mind is millions of times faster than our
                conscious mind. The subconscious has vastly greater memory. It can do
                thousands of things at once, whereas our conscious mind is typically
                challenged to handle more than a few. So our reality really arises almost
                entirely from the beliefs and other information programmed into our
                subconscious. When our conscious beliefs, intentions, goals, values, etc.
                conflict with this subconscious programming, "will power" fails as the
                subconscious almost always prevails, and we are left wondering, "Why the
                bleep did I DO that??!!!"

                I find that, when I work with someone at the level of his/her subconscious
                beliefs/programming, that person's perceptions change, from the inside out.
                We can take our conscious intentions, beliefs, values, etc., verify that
                these are indeed in our best interest (highest and best good), and then
                literally "write" them directly into our subconscious. When this is done,
                massive changes occur throughout that person's life.

                Valerie, the type of change in perception you describe above offers a great
                example. It could take you a lifetime to make such changes using most of the
                change and "personal growth" techniques "out there." Or it can occur more
                quickly, and permanently, by working directly with your subconscious
                programming.

                I realize this may seem a bit off-topic, so I'll stop and wait to see
                whether people wish to learn more about this.

                Elchanan

                --
                ---------------------[ Ciphire Signature ]----------------------
                From: vlinfo@... signed email body (1920 characters)
                Date: on 26 April 2005 at 15:54:04 UTC
                To: rawfood@yahoogroups.com
                : Ciphire has secured this email against identity theft.
                : Free download at www.ciphire.com. The garbled lines
                : below are the sender's verifiable digital signature.
              • VictorianApril
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 26, 2005
                  Hi Kay
                  I'm new here but loved your post. I agree with just about everything
                  you said. I also don't like feeling concerned whether what I'm getting
                  ready to put in my mouth is going to help me or harm me. Although I just
                  feel better eating live foods as much as I can. I think we're all on
                  our own journey but can learn from each other. I have a problem also
                  with putting too much meaning in what everyone says and therefore afraid
                  to eat anything. I was asking myself the same thing yesterday. Why do we
                  have to eat anyway? Why bother? Luckly while listening to my
                  heart/Bobo/intuitiveness crying for meaning to all this I was drawn to a
                  book at the health food store called Angel Foods by Cherie Soria. It is
                  so beautifully written and gave me inspiration again to love and bless
                  my food and experience a spiritual connection to the food.
                  Here is a wonderful paragraph from the book:
                  Just imagine.every time you open the refrigerator or dip into the fruit
                  bowl or harvest your sprouts, you feel immensely grateful for these
                  edibles blessings. When preparing a meal, you infuse the foods you've
                  chosen with Divine love and simultaneously feel the outpouring of love
                  from each ingredient as you handle it. You feel a profound sense of
                  appreciation and gratitude for the foods. When you do this, you may
                  begin to experience a spiritual connection to the food, a feeling of
                  being blessed by simply being in the moment. Even the most menial tasks
                  can become sacred acts when one's conscious awareness is tuned to love.
                  One more sentence from the book:
                  Remember that what you eat is important, but what you think about what
                  you eat is qually important. So whatever you eat, bless it, enjoy it,
                  and know that it is serving your highest interest. If you can't believe
                  that, perhaps you don't want it after all.

                  Thanks for writing a such a good letter. I have more to think about. My
                  thought is when trying to figure something out, is to plan on coming out
                  on top, feeling positive and in charge of my own decisions of how I'm
                  going to experience and interpret what I hear, and learn.
                  April

                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 26, 2005
                    --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, Valerie Mills Daly <valdaly@y...> wrote:
                    > This post made me feel good--it also made me laugh! What a difference
                    a personality type can make! (Not making assumptions here, Bob, just
                    noticing the half-full-half-empty idea coming into play!) I could
                    totally identify with Kay's email, and your email, Bob, is my goal! My
                    inner Eeyore is often to the forefront, and I need to give my inner
                    Tigger a little more play time....hope this makes some sense....

                    > Peace,
                    > Valerie

                    Bob - Bob!!!!
                    Kay here; Compelled to dash back and tell you...
                    This was EVERYTHING I needed to hear. The Universe loves me - YOU have
                    blessed my evening! THANK BOBO!!!!!

                    Valerie's words above hit home also.
                    Before Laurie got me hooked up with this group I had one thread of hope
                    left with myself.
                    I trained at Ann Wigmore's center in Puerto Rico and everything
                    went 'down hill' from there. I don't blame that of course - it is the
                    way my mind has twisted everything around to sabotage me. I have been
                    so ill, so thin and flakey on raw in the past; Gaining no peace or
                    happiness even when I moved to the U.S to work in the movement.

                    Elchanan pointed out recently that food alone will not bring joy in
                    anycase of course. Well, I know this but it seemed best to move on and
                    allow yeast issues to die down into proper propotion, and asist my body
                    by keeping things simple with diet.

                    During these last few days I have felt ice cold and like I have eaten
                    an orchard in my belly! In search of some enthusiastic optimism through
                    the postings all I could "hear" was people spouting off problems with
                    this food or that.
                    In truth your message completes my theory - ALL illness begins in the
                    mind.
                    Thankyou Bob for showing us the light of joy!
                    Thankyou for your personality and being YOU. xx
                    Namaste
                    Kay
                  • Bob Farrell
                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 26, 2005
                      --snip---

                      > During these last few days I have felt ice cold and like I have eaten
                      > an orchard in my belly! In search of some enthusiastic optimism
                      through
                      > the postings all I could "hear" was people spouting off problems with
                      > this food or that.
                      > In truth your message completes my theory - ALL illness begins in the
                      > mind.
                      > Thankyou Bob for showing us the light of joy!
                      > Thankyou for your personality and being YOU. xx
                      > Namaste
                      > Kay

                      -----

                      thanks, Kay, Elchanan, Valerie and others! Your words are very kind,
                      far too kind, and I am humbled by them.
                      I've always enjoyed tears of joy: thank you!

                      I wasn't sure how the post might be received, and it was *intended* to
                      assist, from a "real" place, which was, and is, where I am.

                      Bobo and I sure enjoyed our lunch of bananas, dates, pear and celery.
                      simple and seems to work for me. (I'd recently read some other posts
                      somewhere else about tooth decay, and dental caries, etc..etc. on a
                      raw, high-fruit diet, and one of the suggestions was to chew some
                      celery afterwards...Bobo liked the idea too!, although he'd much rather
                      have bananas. lol! so we did...

                      Also had two great experiences this weekend, with that couple I'd
                      mentioned in an earlier post, with one, the wife, commenting on
                      how "skinny, and great" I looked...and said "...that she'd known me in
                      my 20s, and didn't think I was this skinny then (her memory is
                      obviously failing!! lol!) and her husband, one of my best friends,
                      commenting on the "..results.." and wanting to know more about what I
                      was doing.

                      And then had what I term a "breakthrough" this morning with our 2nd
                      child (we have 4), who is now almost 24, calling me to ask me more
                      about what to eat and why...what causes what, etc..etc...and he even
                      called me back to tell me that he had picked up some bananas for lunch
                      (instead of his usual SAD meat-cheese-condiments-on-a-bun-lunch...),
                      didn't think they'd be enough for him, and read me one of the labels
                      from the bananas, saying that "...eating more fruits and vegetables may
                      lead to less risk of cardiovascualr disease, heart
                      attacks...etc...etc.." he was impressed. At least it's a place, a
                      foundation, from where he and I can begin a dialogue, and I may be able
                      to "pay it forward" through him.

                      great day to all!

                      all the best,

                      Bob
                    • lane lynn

                        From: vlinfo@... signed email body (1920 characters)
                        Date: on 26 April 2005 at 15:54:04 UTC
                        To: rawfood@yahoogroups.com

                      • INFO @ Vibrant Life
                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 27, 2005
                          From: lane lynn Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 4:59 AM Subject: Re: [Raw
                          Food] Choosing our subconscious programming
                          Well I, for one would be very interested. I am also wading through all the
                          posts I missed while away last weekend, so if you've already answered,
                          theres a chance I'll still find it. thanks, Lane
                          Valerie, the type of change in perception you describe above offers a
                          great
                          example. It could take you a lifetime to make such changes using most of
                          the
                          change and "personal growth" techniques "out there." Or it can occur more
                          quickly, and permanently, by working directly with your subconscious
                          programming.

                          I realize this may seem a bit off-topic, so I'll stop and wait to see
                          whether people wish to learn more about this.

                          Elchanan
                          _____
                          OK, on my list.
                          Elchanan

                          --
                          ---------------------[ Ciphire Signature ]----------------------
                          Message 12 of 17 , Apr 27, 2005
                            Hi, Elchanan, just thought I would make sure I was on the "list" as well; I couldn't remember if I had already responded or not....

                            Peace, Valerie

                            Message 13 of 17 , Apr 27, 2005
                              :)Will post to the whole group when ready. E
                              From: Valerie Mills Daly Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 7:50 AM Subject:
                              RE: [Raw Food] Choosing our subconscious programming (NO FILE)

                              Message 14 of 17 , Apr 28, 2005
                                It helps to know that we are listened to by each other - The love in
                                this communication is the MOST important thing eh?.... xx :)
                                Kay

                                --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "VictorianApril" <allhaul@c...> wrote:
                                > Just imagine.every time you open the refrigerator or dip into the
                                fruit
                                > bowl or harvest your sprouts, you feel immensely grateful for these
                                > edibles blessings. When preparing a meal, you infuse the foods
                                you've
                                > chosen with Divine love and simultaneously feel the outpouring of
                                love
                                > from each ingredient as you handle it. You feel a profound sense of
                                > appreciation and gratitude for the foods. When you do this, you may
                                > begin to experience a spiritual connection to the food, a feeling of
                                > being blessed by simply being in the moment. Even the most menial
                                tasks
                                > can become sacred acts when one's conscious awareness is tuned to
                                love.
                                > One more sentence from the book:
                                > Remember that what you eat is important, but what you think about
                                what
                                > you eat is qually important. So whatever you eat, bless it, enjoy
                                it,
                                > and know that it is serving your highest interest. If you can't
                                believe
                                > that, perhaps you don't want it after all.
                                >
                                >> April
                              • Froggy
                                Message 15 of 17 , Apr 29, 2005
                                  We don't have to fail. I certainly agree that we're ruled by our
                                  unseen subconcious, which contains the vast amount of our energy
                                  beliefs, and cleaning up our subconscious is the goal. The only way
                                  to do that, of course, is with the little light of our conscious mind.

                                  Rich

                                • Joanie
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Apr 30, 2005
                                    Bob - I enjoyed your reply here, and agree totally with your thoughts here - great post!

                                    Bob Farrell <rjf2@...> wrote:
                                    --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "korangeli" <korangeli@y...> wrote:

                                    > Kay C here..
                                    >
                                    > I am observing all the conflicting attitudes and opinions
                                    concerning
                                    > different styles of eating, different foods etc The message I am
                                    > receiving is that "our" raw-lifestyle "world" is none different
                                    from
                                    > the conflicting opinions and ideas "out there".

                                    --------------snip
                                    Hi Kay..

                                    interesting post...I enjoyed most of it, and found the rest
                                    interesting.

                                    some of what I see going on is very much like the Blind Men and the
                                    Elephant story - a lot of it depends upon perspective: which part of
                                    the elephant has the blind man gotten a hold of?

                                    for instance,

                                    > There is the garlic thing,
                                    > The buckwheat drama,
                                    > The Banana dilemma,
                                    > The seaweed scenario,
                                    > ... One gets the picture? ..

                                    I look at all of the above, and use my WWBD? saying...(no offense to
                                    any religious out there..) which stands for What Would Bobo Do? with
                                    Bobo being my imaginary primate friend, who uses his senses to help
                                    sort out whether or not something is a good food for him.

                                    for the garlic - doesn't look all that appealing, doesn't smell too
                                    good (and Bobo would probably stop by now,), and one small taste
                                    would tell him that it's not a good food for him..

                                    An e-mail from Joanie
                                    "I did then what I knew then, & when I knew better, I did better."
                                    -Maya Angelou

                                  • Bob Farrell
                                    Message 17 of 17 , May 1, 2005
                                      --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, Joanie <christmasbaby1956@y...> wrote:
                                      > Bob - I enjoyed your reply here, and agree totally with your thoughts
                                      here - great post!

                                      thanks, Joanie!

                                      and I like your Maya Angelou signature.

                                      all the best,