essene gospel of peace

  • swing bolder
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1 11:07 AM
      I read once that the Essene Gospel of Peace was
      "largely considered to be fraudulent" (paraphrased
      words to that effect). Can anyone point me to any
      online sources that show proof that it is an authentic
      document?

      swing

      __________________________________
      Yahoo! Messenger
    • INFO @ Vibrant Life
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1 5:20 PM
        should I just point her to Nazariah? What's his email or WWW?

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        --
        ---------------------[ Ciphire Signature ]----------------------
        From: vlinfo@... signed email body (872 characters)
        Date: on 02 April 2005 at 01:20:28 UTC
        To: rawfood@yahoogroups.com
        : Ciphire has secured this email against identity theft.
        : Free download at www.ciphire.com. The garbled lines
        : below are the sender's verifiable digital signature.
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1 5:28 PM
          Sorry for this post, meant to forward it as an information gathering inquiry
          to someone else; have now done so!
          Elchanan

          From: vlinfo@... signed email body (320 characters)
          Date: on 02 April 2005 at 01:28:02 UTC
          To: rawfood@yahoogroups.com
          : Ciphire has secured this email against identity theft.
          : Free download at www.ciphire.com. The garbled lines
          : below are the sender's verifiable digital signature.
        • rainbow wolf
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 1 8:16 PM
            It is against my nature to get into slanging matches and thus I will not do so. I simply repeat: read the information for yourself, decide if it is something that resonates as truth to you, if it does, follow it, if it does not, move to something else. There is -- in my humble opinion -- no universal 'right' or 'wrong', simply choice......

            Peace be with ALL who follow this thread, I wish you ALL the very best of days.

            "INFO @ Vibrant Life" <VLinfo@...> wrote:

            There is no 'proof'. They are 'dead sea scroll' type documents. The Vatian
            says 'heresay'. You just have to read them for yourself and see if they
            resonate as 'truth' with your heart, or not.

            Peace be with your spirit, I wish you the very best of days.

            rainbow
            _____

            I hate to do this, but the foregoing is quite false. The Vatican says
            nothing at all, nothing of the kind. They are not parchment scrolls, they
            are copper scrolls, which is part of what makes them rare. They were found
            by an independent scholar in the Vatican library, he disclosed their
            existence, the Vatican did not. Searching for more information.
            Elchanan

            --
            ---------------------[ Ciphire Signature ]----------------------
            From: vlinfo@... signed email body (516 characters)
            Date: on 02 April 2005 at 03:07:58 UTC
            To: rawfood@yahoogroups.com
            : Ciphire has secured this email against identity theft.
            : Free download at www.ciphire.com. The garbled lines
            : below are the sender's verifiable digital signature.

          • John de la Garza
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 2 4:33 PM
              --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, rainbow wolf <essene_being@y...> wrote:

              > It is against my nature to get into slanging matches and thus I will not do so. I simply
              repeat: read the information for yourself, decide if it is something that resonates as truth
              to you, if it does, follow it, if it does not, move to something else. There is -- in my
              humble opinion -- no universal 'right' or 'wrong', simply choice......

              > Peace be with ALL who follow this thread, I wish you ALL the very best of days.

              there is no right or wrong? I know you don't want to argue but somethings are either right
              or wrong

              if this gospel exists and is from Jesus it is right if it is not from him but from some people
              trying to fulfill their agenda it is wrong

              Somethings are black and white, they either do or dont' exists

              according to the Bible: (I don't believe in it or promote it just want to bring it up)

              Jesus said it is not what goes into a man that makes him evil but what comes out
              Paul was given a vision where he killed pigs and ate them to show that anything eating
              with thanks is OK and you dont' need to hold people to eating only kosher foods

              Jesus gave people bread to eat and fish

              in timothy it talks against any type of dietary restrictions

              If the essenes teachings about raw food are real they would contradict the Bible, what I
              mean is you can't really say you believe in both books

              I personally don't believe ether one. Maybe someday I will...
            • Don Quai
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 2 10:25 PM
                John de la Garza wrote:

                > --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, rainbow wolf <essene_being@y...> wrote:
                > >
                > > It is against my nature to get into slanging matches and thus I will
                > not do so. I simply
                > repeat: read the information for yourself, decide if it is something
                > that resonates as truth
                > to you, if it does, follow it, if it does not, move to something
                > else. There is -- in my
                > humble opinion -- no universal 'right' or 'wrong', simply choice......
                > >
                > > Peace be with ALL who follow this thread, I wish you ALL the very
                > best of days.
                >
                > there is no right or wrong? I know you don't want to argue but
                > somethings are either right
                > or wrong

                ======================================
                Such as? IMHO there is only choice. There has only ever been choice,
                there will only ever be choice. There is no wrong, there is only right.
                What you may perceive as wrong, in another, is absolutely right for them
                at the moment. It is all about choices not wrong or right. There are
                very good choice and some not so good choices but they are never wrong.
                Same holds true for love and hate. Love and hate are two sides of the
                same coin called choice. One side is a very pro-survival choice and the
                other side is a conta-survival choice but it is never wrong for there is
                no wrong choice. Any choice is the right choice for the person making
                that choice at that time.

                Just my humble opinion.

                --
                Peace be with you, John.

                Don "Quai" Eitner

                "Spirit sleeps in the mineral, breathes in the vegetable, dreams in the animal and wakes in man."

                --
                In compliance with the highest standards of Universal Law, this email has been thoroughly disinfected and purified in the solar flares of the sun.
              • Graeme
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 3 3:01 PM
                  Dear Whoever is part of this discussion,

                  There is not only choice. We have choice in many things, of course,
                  but some things ARE right or wrong. Not in a moral sense, but in the
                  sense of being factually correct or incorrect.

                  To pick a silly example, try "choosing" that the sun will rise in the
                  west, or that McDonald's is healthy, or that you have five arms. You
                  won't get very far.

                  In moral matters, or matters of taste, of course it's generally
                  relative (in fact more moral issues are relative than most would car
                  to admit!). No right or wrong sully these particular shores.

                  However, if you wish for health and harmony and peace, some things
                  become right or wrong relative to that. But even then, it's also
                  relative to the situation etc etc.

                  I shall now cease pontificating.

                  Love and Light,

                  Graeme

                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 3 3:07 PM
                    I've read some of the essene gospel, and postive and good though it
                    seems to be, it's obvious from the style and wording that it was just
                    written by some guy pretty recently, trying to word it all 'olde
                    worlde' so that it sounds authentic. It didn't work, in my case. I
                    don't buy it - and I'm a pretty open-minded guy.

                    Anyway, that doesn't even matter. Why on earth would we need
                    scriptural authority to justify eating healthily? As a matter of fact
                    I don't understand the amount of bogus pseudo-religious that goes on
                    around this matter. What has it got to do with raw food? Just eat it!

                    Love and Light,

                    Graeme