"Top Ten Reasons Why we are Natural Fruit Eaters"

  • Roger Haeske
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2 12:32 PM
      "Top ten reasons why we are natural fruit eaters
      and why eating lots of sweet fruit is safe and
      completely natural for healthy people."

      Raw sweet fruit is the staple food for humans.
      We can and should eat lots of vegetables, leafy
      greens and some nuts and seeds. But sweet fruit
      is the best thing for healthy humans. Here's a
      list of ten reasons, why I believe that to be the
      case.

      Top Ten List:

      1. Fruit has beautiful attractive colors and
      scents. It tastes great and it's easy for us to
      get.

      2. You feel happy after eating fruit. Raw fruit
      has a special electrical charge or something
      about it that makes you feel happy when you eat
      it. Cooking, pasteurizing and drying fruit
      removes this happiness effect.

      3. Fruit can make a complete and tasty meal by
      itself.

      4. Fruit is the easiest food for us to digest.
      Raw fruit frees up the most energy for us because
      it digests in the least time out of any other raw
      whole foods. This is why raw foodists who eat
      fruit have so much extra energy and why their
      bodies can heal.

      5. We know that early humans were predominantly
      fruit eaters.

      From "Fit for Life," by Harvey and Marilyn
      Diamond, page 62.

      On May 15, 1979, The New York Times ran a story
      on the work of Dr. Alan Walker, an eminent
      anthropologist at John Hopkins University. The
      story was a bombshell for those doctors,
      dietitians and nutritionists not aware of the
      immense importance of fruit in the human diet.
      Dr. Walker's findings indicate that our "early
      human ancestors were not predominantly meat
      eaters or eaters of seeds, shoots, leaves or
      grasses. Nor were they omnivorous. Instead they
      appear to have subsisted chiefly on a diet of
      fruit." Dr. Walker developed a fascinating way of
      determining dietary trends by studying the
      striations, or markings, on teeth. All foods
      leave distinctly different markings on teeth. In
      his studies of fossilized teeth, Dr. Walker noted
      that, to date, "No exceptions have been found.
      Every tooth examined from the hominids of the
      twelve-million year period leading up to Homo
      Erectus appeared to be that of a fruit eater."

      6. Our closest primate relatives the Chimpanzees
      and the Bonobos naturally eat a high fruit and
      low fat diet. The digestive systems of these
      primates are very similar to our own. The DNA of
      the Bonobos is at least 99% the same as that of
      humans.

      7. Most fruit are low to middle on the Glycemic
      Index. Even bananas are considered on the low end
      of the Glycemic Index. According to the book,
      "The New Glucose Revolution," bananas are a 51
      with foods 0 - 55 considered on the low end of
      the Glycemic Index. Intermediate is 56 - 69 and
      high is 70 or higher.

      Cooked starches and complex carbohydrates are
      often much higher on the Index than raw fruit. It
      used to be believed that complex carbohydrates
      break down into blood sugar much more slowly than
      simple sugars, but it is now known that there are
      many other factors that affect the Glycemic Index
      of a food. Cooked starches have been shown to
      cause hyper and hypo thyroid problems as well as
      damaging blood sugar metabolism.

      8. Fruit has the nutrients and fibers to help
      slow the absorption of their sugars into the
      bloodstream. This creates a steady rise in blood
      sugar in people with a healthy blood sugar
      metabolism. Diabetics are now given fibers such
      as guar gum to slow the absorption of sugars from
      their meals. Guar gum is naturally present in
      bananas.

      9. Fruits are very high in antioxidants and
      phytonutrients that have been shown to prevent
      cancer and heart disease. A tomato contains over
      10,000 phytochemicals. Animal foods have low to
      no levels of these nutrients.

      From "Eat to Live," page 53: The greater
      quantity and assortment of fruits and vegetables
      consumed, the lower the incidence of heart
      attacks, strokes and cancer. (This particular
      quote is substantiated by six studies he
      references in the back of his book. I'll give you
      the first one to start out with: Gillman, M. W.,
      L. A. Cupples, D. Gagnon, et al. 1995. Protective
      effect of fruits and vegetables on development in
      stroke in men. JAMA 273 (14) 1113-17.)

      10. Every cell in the body is fueled by glucose
      and most cells by fructose, these sugars are
      abundant in raw fruits. Sugar is the bodies
      preferred fuel.

      Fruit is the miracle food for athletes as stated
      by the former director of nutrition for the US.
      Olympic Team. It provides the fuel needed for
      fast acceleration. Fat cannot fuel any kind
      anaerobic or fast paced activities like
      sprinting, playing basketball or tennis. I've
      also found that the more muscle I put on the more
      my need for fruit increases dramatically. I never
      crave meat, but I do crave fruit after working out.

      *~*~*

      I have many more reasons for you to consider the
      importance of fresh, ripe, raw, organic fruit
      being your number one food choice. They may come
      in future issues. By the way, if you can get wild
      fruit, that would be the best choice.

      To Your Radiant Health, Happiness and Fitness,
      Roger Haeske

      P.S. For 24 hour support and coaching on the
      Optimal Raw Food Diet please check out
      http://www.HowToGoRaw.com

      P.P.S. Our low cost yearly membership entitles
      you to a monthly telephone coaching session,
      unlimited support in our forums and lots of
      great bonuses including the book, "Raw Secrets,"
      and four great past issues of "Just Eat An Apple,"
      raw food magazine.
      http://www.howtogoraw.com/rawsecrets.htm

      To Contact the: Raw Health and Happiness Society of New
      York and New Jersey

      Roger Haeske
      A-1 Riverview Dr.
      South River, NJ 08882
      1-732-226-0782

      rh(at)superbeing.com

      http://www.power.superbeing.com
      http://www.ThinkAndGoRaw.com
      http://www.HowToGoRaw.com
      http://www.lightning.superbeing.com

      Living Nutrition Raw Food Lifestyle Magazine and Books
      http://tinyurl.com/55wgp

      http://www.SuperbeingDiet.com
      http://www.Superbeing.com

      This email is protected by copyright.
      © 2005, Roger Haeske, All rights reserved

      This autoresponder email was sent by AutoResponse Plus.
      Use the link below to discover the most advanced email broadcast and
      autoresponder system available. Pay only
      one low price, forget the monthly fees.

      http://tinyurl.com/66gad

      The Raw Health and Happiness Society
    • Froggy
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2 2:27 PM
        --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "Roger Haeske" <roger2@m...> wrote:
        > 2. You feel happy after eating fruit. Raw fruit
        > has a special electrical charge or something
        > about it that makes you feel happy when you eat
        > it. Cooking, pasteurizing and drying fruit
        > removes this happiness effect.

        I like fruit but I don't like too much sweet after a little bit, so I eat more
        vegetables and vegetable fruits than sweet fruits. I don't know if this is
        conditioned/learned behavior or if it's truly more natural to not like a whole lot
        of sweet fruit. I know I had a lot of cavities growing up from sugar
        consumption, maybe it's psychosomatic. The jury may be out on this issue
        for a long time for me. I still like the fruitarian argument that man originally
        would be more attracted to fruit on a tree than a vegetable on the ground.
        Then again, now that I've just said it, maybe I don't agree with this idea. It's
        just as easy to pick a vegetable from the ground as it is a fruit from a tree.

        To Your Radiant Health, Happiness and Fitness,
        Rich Sachs

        > The Raw Health and Happiness Society

        How do I join the The Raw Health and Happiness Society, Roger? What is it?
      • Froggy
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2 2:48 PM
          I forgot to add, for those interested in fruitarianism there's a group at
          www.groups.yahoo.com/group/fruitarianlife

          I shared on there a while ago, it's certainly akin to the raw vegan lifestyle. If I
          get bored I'll be sure to check back in there.

          Rich

          --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "Roger Haeske" <roger2@m...> wrote:
          > "Top ten reasons why we are natural fruit eaters
          > and why eating lots of sweet fruit is safe and
          > completely natural for healthy people."
          >
          > Raw sweet fruit is the staple food for humans.
          > We can and should eat lots of vegetables, leafy
          > greens and some nuts and seeds. But sweet fruit
          > is the best thing for healthy humans.
        • Rachel
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 3 10:02 AM
            This should go in the files, it's great info.

            Rachel
          • Roger
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 4 12:36 PM
              What is the Raw Health and Happiness Society?

              That is the raw food support group meetings that I founded in NYC and
              NJ. To join you just have to come to a meeting. There is no joining
              per se.

              But the online equivalent is my "Raw Food Diet Success Society," which
              you can find at
              http://www.HowToGoRaw.com

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 4 12:39 PM
                --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "Rachel" <racheladair@c...> wrote:

                > This should go in the files, it's great info.
                >
                > Rachel

                That's a good idea Rachel. I just put it up in the files section so
                you can have it for easy future reference.