Two Years Tomorrow - - It's a Good thing

  • rawfoodrules
    Message 1 of 1852 , Sep 30, 2001
      100% raw, feeling 20 years younger!<br><br>I
      agree with Doug, 100% raw is the original condition of
      mankind, though we seem to have been into cooking for two
      million years, albeit nothing like the horrid diets of
      today's industrialized food processing. Generally, the
      higher the latitude, the higher the cooked-percentage of
      prehistoric peoples. But two million years is far too short a
      time for our basal metabolism to overcome the
      fundamentally insidious character of thermally denatured
      food-molecules, which when assimilated cause structural weakness,
      at the molecular level, of membranes and
      cytoskeleton. The effects of such poison go all the way down to
      the cellular level, impossible to forestall or
      ameliorate, except when the diet is at 100% raw. Then all the
      bad molecules eventually get replaced, some months
      later. Even a little bit of cooked food can slow down
      this replacement.<br><br>In regards to habitual
      preferences, the biggest determinant was recently shown to be
      what the mother ate during gestation and what the kid
      was fed in his early years. Those habits aren't
      unbreakable, however. I switched to 100% easily enough (though
      it was the second try), but then I always was a
      picky eater.<br><br>I'm curious to see if the greying
      of my hair stays halted where it was two years ago.
      Probably not indefinitely, but I'll take any little favor.
      I don't really know if I'll live any longer, once
      you factor out cancer, heart attacks, and strokes
      (which I expect to avoid entirely), but I bet that just
      the absence of the usual junk-diet must count for a
      lot. Moreover, the health potential of raw food is
      certainly reflected in the wonderful tastes, the
      instinctive control of quantity eaten (I lost 50 pounds), and
      my reduced need for sleep, as well as my greatly
      improved athletic conditioning.<br><br>As for 'feeling
      good', cooked food induces a condition of what lefties
      call 'false consciousness' (which they attribute ad
      hominem to anybody who disagrees with them). That is to
      say, the perceived goodness of cooked food is an
      illusion, a trick of bad habits and poisoned gustation.
      eating cooked food is actually a grim duty to ingest the
      consensus poisons. Watch them shovel down huge
      barely-chewed bites, hardly tasted as they're coated with
      taste-disguising condiments to hide that deathly essence, washed
      down with massive quantities of digestion-disrupting
      beverages to make up for insufficient saliva. Don't they
      get it? <br><br>The biggest physical lie of cooked
      food is the way cooking drives the best nutri-factors
      out into the air, creating olfactory super-stimuli
      that are a false promise of the goodness that is
      actually found only in UNcooked foods, inside of which
      those nutri-factors are left where they belong. Now
      that my body is cleaned out, I find that when I'm
      hungry a 'pleasant' cooking odor can have a very strong
      effect on my digestive system, causing the juices to
      pour out and my stomach to audibly grumble and
      contract, greatly intensifying the hunger-sensations. The
      few such times that I actually ate the odiferous
      items in an experimental vein, however, their dead
      taste (without condiments) was quite disappointing
      after the big olfactory come-on, so much so that I
      often spat it out. Talk about bait and switch -- the
      smells of life lead to the ingestion of death. I pity
      them all in the poisoned cellular misery of their
      ill-used bodies. (I just don't tell them that.)
      Message 1852 of 1852 , Feb 2, 2007