Re: [Raw Food] Re: fell off the raw wagon...

  • Christine Cassidy
    Message 1 of 37 , Feb 2 8:30 AM
      Did you know Donald Trump does not drink alcohol at all? Ever? If
      anyone had an excuse of social situations insisting on alcohol
      consumption it would be him. I think if you really did not want to
      drink you wouldn't, it is just as easy to order a mineral water with a
      lime as a gin and tonic. You will stay clear headed and take steps to
      free yourself from using a substance that does nothing to improve your
      health, happiness and general well being. I really can't imagine
      anyone would be truly offended by your decision to abstain. To me it
      is the same as being a vegetarian, if I am offered a food having meat,
      fish or eggs I simply say "No thank you". It works just as well for
      alcohol. To me the heart of the matter is the decision one makes -
      "what is for my highest good?", then all other decisions fall into
      place more easily.

      Good luck Nikki, I know this is not easy. As for going 100% raw, why
      bother until you ready to make a more concerted effort to a healthy
      lifestyle? Or maybe they go together, do one and the next will follow.
      I took a series of classes on raw food prep that really got me started
      into it, then I bought a few cookbooks and have friends who practice
      it. They taught me more and also ways to make it practical.

      Christine

      > I am not willing to consider AA with regard to alcohol.  My problem
      > is very situational and exists only in highly social settings where
      > people are provide me drinks and might be offended if i did not take
      > them.  Nevertheless, there are settings where it is to my advantage to
      > drink wisely.  So I have set an acceptable alcohol limit on those
      > occasions, and am doing well at staying within the limits.  i've also
      > considered pulling LBJ's trick when in alcohol-related business
      > settings, but we'll have to see if that is necessary or desirable (as
      > it's definitely sneaky).
      >
      > as for food, how would i go 100% with it?  any suggestions?
      >
      > --Nicki

    • Graeme
      Message 37 of 37 , Feb 6 8:11 AM
        Thank you John, I was just extrapolating logically from identical
        accusations I'd seen many times , over a period of time, from various
        sources. And adding a little of my own feelings on 'gurus' and what
        they charge etc.

        Since when do we need anyone to teach us how to eat salads?

        Love and Light,

        Graeme