Re: Raw vs Cooked article

  • mallon
    Message 1 of 1852 , Jun 1, 2001
      That same article on the internet also had this
      to say about the argument (and in my opinion
      astounding fact) that of the hundreds of thousands of animal
      species on the earth, human beings are the ONLY one that
      cooks its foods (I'm going to paraphrase because it's
      been a few days since I read it:<br><br>{Human beings
      are also the only animal species that builds
      computers, robots, etc. So what does that prove}.<br><br>How
      can one argue with a statement like that? We're
      talking about biology, and the author wants to make an
      illogical statement that is supposedly analagous like that!
      Reminds me of trying to argue with a complete idiot. When
      someone argues from a totally illogical standpoint, you
      can't get anywhere with that nonsense. That, along with
      a few lesser things, caused me to largely dismiss
      the point of the article.<br><br>For good or bad, I
      don't have enough free time or the inclination to
      re-read everything I've ever read on the subject.
      However, at the time I read various books on enzymes and
      nutrition there seemed to be enough evidence to me that the
      importance of food enzymes should not be
      dismissed.<br><br>The author "could" be correct that raw fooders are
      doing the right thing but for the "wrong reasons". At
      this point in my life, I've made decision for a number
      of reasons that more raw is good, and I don't
      consider canned fruit or pasteurized juices to be "raw".
      Sure, I absolutely believe pasteurized and canned
      fruits are better than the SAD staples of potato chips,
      boxed cereal grain-based denatured products, etc. But I
      don't think enzyme dead fruit products are up to par
      with fresh produce.<br><br>Hopefully some of you guys
      can get back to the various source study documents
      and rationalize this. I've read what I believed to be
      at the time valid studies that pointed to the
      importance food enzymes play in digestion and health. I know
      Blake is sincere to reach an unemotional unbiased
      opinion, and if he keeps looking I believe he'll come to
      the same conclusions. If I find time this weekend to
      review my sources, I'll let you know what I
      find.<br><br>P.S. I clocked myself whittling a fresh pineapple down
      into bite sized pieces in 3 minutes this morning! This
      stuff is getting simpler all the time!<br><br>Mallon
      Message 1852 of 1852 , Feb 2, 2007