Salt substitute

  • OrionsDad
    Message 1 of 1852 , Oct 30, 1999
      It's hard to give up salt when you go to an all
      raw diet. If you can do it that's great. For those
      who find it difficult try a salt substitute for a
      while to help your body make the transition to "no
      salt".<br><br>I agree that you are better without it but if you
      MUST have something salty try "Nama Shoyu" soy sauce.
      The "Nama" means that it is UNPASTEURIZED. That means
      it has some of it's enyzmes intact. Look for a brand
      that also has "no alcohol". It has a very appealing
      flavor and you will be satisfied with just a few drops
      on your meal.<br><br>I think all of the salt
      substitutes (soy sauce, tamari,Gomiso, sea salt, etc.) are
      not perfect but just perhaps a little better than
      common table salt.<br><br>If you count the drops and cut
      back slowly each day you will soon get to the point
      where several drops will be extremely salty to you. You
      will wonder how and why you eat so much salt
      before.<br><br>-OrionsDad
      Message 1852 of 1852 , Feb 2, 2007