Food Hybrids

  • mallon
    Message 1 of 1852 , Apr 30, 2001
      Blake,<br><br>Hybridized fruits and vegetables is
      a subject I know almost nothing about. I assume it
      has to do with (non-genetic) engineering of
      plant-based foods through selective breeding, possible cross
      species (an apple with a nectarine, or perhaps a fruit
      with a vegetable, etc.). Are seedless fruits another
      example?<br><br>Please explain what it means and what are the dangers to
      the consumer. And what is your take: Do you think we
      should avoid fruits & veggies because of it, or is there
      a case to be made that the practice renders the
      foods to be nutruitionally sub-standard - and what is
      the proof of such (or is it merely
      speculation)?<br><br>Personally I think its better to eat the fruits & veggies
      regardless, but I want to understand the issue
      better.<br><br>Mallon
      Message 1852 of 1852 , Feb 2, 2007