Re: Giving Up Salt

  • OrionsDad
    Message 1 of 1852 , Oct 11, 1999
      You are very welcome Barbara.<br><br>Gerson is
      right. Salt is a "poison". Everything we put into our
      body is either food (the body can metabolize it to
      build cell structures) or poison (the body can't use it
      and must expend energy to get rid of it).<br><br>If
      you can pass on the tamari then you will reach your
      goal that much sooner.<br><br>I probably said this
      before but I lost about 30 pounds eating raw foods
      before I finally bottomed out on the scale. I didn't
      want to go any lower. The body "knows" when to stop
      losing the weight. It will be the "wrong" kind of weight
      you don't want any way. Eventually your weight will
      stabilize and maybe then you will put on a few "healthy"
      pounds if you are exercising too. That's what I have
      read and it is working that way for me.<br><br>Yes, I
      know. You don't meet "Raw Foodist" on every street
      corner. You might not find any at the vegetarian
      restaurant either for that matter! One thought to keep in
      mind is that we are actually ALL "Raw Foodist" by
      design. It's only that you and I have started to ACT and
      eat like one. Everyone else is NOT eating the way
      their body was designed and they will unfortunately
      suffer the consequences because of their choice. You and
      I will just have to be different as we grow older,
      wiser and HEALTHIER through the years. I'm now easily
      race-walk 5-6 miles daily .. something I never thought I
      would be able to do.<br><br>-OrionsDad
      Message 1852 of 1852 , Feb 2, 2007