Re: [Raw Food] Eating Meeting

  • Kelly Wortkoetter
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 2004
      Mary Ellen, YOU DESERVE LOTS OF CONGRATULATION!. My husband is on the Atkin's diet. I haven't passed up his cooked food yet. HELP!

      Kelly

    • Mary Ellen Wolfe
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 7, 2004
        So far so good. Sometimes it's hard to believe I made it this long. I've been raw since March 25. My family had pizza delivered Friday evening and the aroma almost threw me over the edge, but somehow I resisted temptation. Saturday the Farmer's Market in my area opened, so I was able to buy some homegrown and organic veggies. I had raw peas for the first time ever. Are they supposed to be "crunchy"? And my strawberries are ripening, so I've been eating those. Today, however, I have been having cooked cravings. The smell of the hamburgers and fries that my family had for dinner were calling to me. And the brownies! Darn them! I kept eating apples, but I really wanted something "meaty" and "sugary", and I didn't know what else to eat, so I mixed up some raw nuts (almonds & pecans) and drizzled them with raw honey. I feel kinda bad because I know honey isn't vegan, but at least it helped me to not eat a brownie.
        Peace, ~*~Mary Ellen~*~
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 7, 2004
          --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "Mary Ellen Wolfe" <Wolfegang@z...>
          wrote:
          > So far so good. Sometimes it's hard to believe I made it this long.
          > I've been raw since March 25.

          Congratulations on that two months.

          < Saturday the Farmer's Market in my area opened, so I was able to
          < buy some homegrown and organic veggies. I had raw peas for the
          < first time ever. Are they supposed to be "crunchy"?

          I passed through the Reading Terminal Farmers Market here in Phila.
          this afternoon on my way to a bus. Lots of good produce available.
          Raw peas are a little crunchy, I guess.

          < And the brownies! Darn them! I kept eating apples, but I really
          < wanted something "meaty" and "sugary", and I didn't know what else
          < to eat, so I mixed up some raw nuts (almonds & pecans) and drizzled
          < them with raw honey. I feel kinda bad because I know honey isn't
          < vegan, but at least it helped me to not eat a brownie.

          I resort to dates at such moments, the sweetest, little raw plant
          food item available.

          Well, I'm having a fairly good raw day. Feels boring, but peace of
          mind always feels boring at first. I hope I get used to it. I just
          peeled about eight pounds of carrots, I hope I eat them before they
          go bad.

          Rich