Re: [Raw Food] Journaling My Food

  • Rich Sachs
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
      I've been thinking about that lately, how every act truly affects my
      overall being. Every choice I make can be ideal for me if I'm truly
      honest about what my needs are. Not escaping into food, even raw
      food, is one such choice. Then for me it would be, do I choose
      something of spiritual growth like practicing some spiritual
      technique or do I escape into something else like watching TV. Some
      TV I find healing and uplifting but much of it is just pathetic
      behavior.

      If I was to report on here, to a thousand people, everything I do and
      make it only those things that feel right to me, that would be quite
      the accomplishment.

      Rich

      --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "DarkKisses" <darkkisses@d...> wrote:
      > I keep a dietary/health journal myself. I keep it on the counter in
      the kitchen, and every time I eat something, or do something that
      effects my health, I log it down. I have it down to a lot of
      abbreviations and such, but I keep track of supplements, food, yoga,
      exercise, emotional and mental states, bodily states such as bowel
      movements, allergies, menstrual cycles, etc. It really keeps me in
      check, and it feels rather good as a positive reinforcement
      tool. -Angel
    • Rich Sachs
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
        --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, "DarkKisses" <darkkisses@d...> wrote:
        <<I keep a dietary/health journal myself.>>

        Nice, humble thing to do. Too time consuming for me though.

        <<I keep it on the counter in the kitchen,
        and every time I eat something, or do something that effects my
        health, I log it
        down.>>

        I should log everything down and report it to someone, and note the
        feeling of reporting it. In other words, find myself not able to
        report anything that I wouldn't feel perfectly comfortable reporting
        to someone else. Again, in other words, not doing anything that I
        wouldn't feel comfortable reporting to someone else about. Still, in
        other words, finding God's will for me in all things that I do.

        <<I have it down to a lot of abbreviations and such, but I keep track
        of
        supplements, food, yoga, exercise, emotional and mental states,
        bodily states
        such as bowel movements, allergies, menstrual cycles, etc. It really
        keeps me in
        check, and it feels rather good as a positive reinforcement tool.
        -Angel>>

        I'm not so interested in my patterns as I am in what I do and such
        things as bowel movements I wouldn't record because they're always in
        God's will for me.
      • DarkKisses
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
          No, I never have. I am one of those people that has a difficulty journaling on the computer, I just like to jot it sown in notebooks. The other thing is I am pretty private about that kind of thing. Thanks for the idea though! -Angel

          Angel,

          Have you ever tried fitday.com ? It's a greeat site,
          you can create an open journal, and post the link on
          this forum. It provides some cool information.

          Rufus