7311Re: Miko

  • Miko (Kobasigawa) Nelson
    Feb 1 12:09 AM
      --- In rawfood@yahoogroups.com, cindy laughlin
      <rosepetalsandcats@y...> wrote:

      > Myself, I need to loose weight. I have been mostly raw since the
      end of Dec. No weight has come off. Any ideas? I don't eat much
      in nuts or fatty foods. I do have a avocado on occasion, when I can
      find them. I am also having a challenge digesting salads. Does
      anyone have any recommendations as to the best enzymes. They exit
      looking like they went in. Lately, I am not digesting fat either.
      It leaves an oil slick. Can I purchase extra amalyase enzymes

      Hey, Cindy:

      Read Patenaude, Gruben, Nison to name a few gurus out there. This is
      my opinion: choose one and follow them. Consult with them. Pay for
      it as you are guiding your daughters. There are differing points of
      view here and I would not give us here the last word on any subject.
      Give them the last word. I say this because I'd encourage you to
      adjust your diet and/or lifestyle rather than to take enzymes, but
      others in this forum may come back with another viewpoint. The above
      named people (and I can give you more) do not believe you need to
      take anything unless you have an obvious imbalance that affects your
      existence. On a raw diet, enzymes will cause imbalances and call
      upon your body's reserves to process them. They act as stimulants.
      The best enzymes are already in your fruits and vegetables. Sleep
      enough. Walk every day. Deep breathe. Nudge your colon with your
      hands to increase digestive functions. Make sure you are going to
      the bathroom properly/eliminating completely (know the
      optimum "pooping" position). If you are not familiar with some of
      this stuff, do some research. Read through the archives; plug in
      your keywords and see what others know about them. There are more
      ways to work for your health than to buy some extra thing that will
      interfere with letting the raw food do its job. It's a gradual
      process to get the insides working like they should.

      Now, something practical: If you have trouble digesting salads, take
      a look at what you are creating. Is it a gourmet salad? Keep it
      simple. Try decreasing the number of ingredients until you feel like
      you are tolerating them. Condiments? Decrease the volume of these.
      Maybe decrease the entire volume of salad. Make your first course
      several helpings of one type of fruit, then eat a smaller salad.
      Also, if you are having any fruit at all AFTER the salad, there's
      one reason for gastritis. Never fruit after salad. Continue to
      troubleshoot, read and adjust. I would not assume you are eating
      properly and you body just doesn't know how to accept the food. I
      would trust your body is saying something needs to be adjusted about
      food that is taken in, or that you need more physical activity,
      sunlight, sleep, etc. Take on the challenge with each of these
      problems that you want solved to find the most natural solution
      possible. Enzymes are not a whole, fresh food solution, and merely
      one choice among many, many others.

      It is important that you are trying to address all these things. You
      will get the answers. Keep probing us and, especially, the books.

      Miko
    • Show all 66 messages in this topic