4649RE: [Raw Food] Hi I am New

  • Peter Gardiner
    Aug 24, 2003
      Fred,

      Most certainly you have not upset me. Academically, scientifically and
      in dieting knowledge you are my superior.

      I share your love of the truth although I perceive the truth as having a
      shifting focus. Thus I pitch my efforts in varying directions to
      explore and test my perceptions.

      This makes truth even more important to me as I spend most of my life
      pursuing it. Moreover it changes. And the truth often starts with the
      right question. "What should I be eating?" is always a good question.
      The answer and the truth vary in accordance with individual
      circumstance.

      On food combining, I confess I do the minimum of it. Recipes and
      smoothies I consider as being appropriate for those who are either not
      raw foodists or are in transition. However, I whip up mixtures in a
      juicer for guests as a pastime. I even throw an apple into a vegetable
      mixture to take the bitterness of a pure vegetables and make a
      concoction more palatable. Purists would abhor my heresy and hypocrisy,
      especially as I do no more than taste the concoctions I serve.

      The upshot is that my guests enthuse about fruit and vegetables. Is that
      breaking the rules is sometimes "right"?

      I look forward to reading more of your postings, Fred.

      Peter