  • prettysmartideas@rocketmail.com
    Jan 6, 2013
      20 baby bella mushrooms, sliced 1/2 inch thick
      3 T extra virgin olive oil
      1 small jalapeno, finely minced
      1 T garlic powder
      1 t tamari (all of the recipes I saw called for much more, but I don't much care for salt)
      2 T lemon juice

      Place mushroom slices in a large bowl.
      Blend remaining ingredients, then pour over mushrooms in bowl.
      With your hands, toss the mushrooms around with the oil mix until all pieces are well coated.
      Spread mushroom slices one layer thick on teflex covered dehydrator tray (you could put them directly on the plastic screen, but the teflex is a lot easier to clean up)
      Dehydrate for 4-6 hours

      I was planning to dehydrated these mushrooms to a jerky consistency, but, after about 4 hours, I tasted them, and turned around and gobbled up about half of them. I decided I should put them in a container in the refrigerator at that point. (Later, when I called Mom to wish her Happy New Year, and I told her about all of the mushrooms, she asked if they tasted like sautéed mushrooms – it has been so long since I have eaten cooked things, I had to think hard – yes, these dehydrated mushrooms taste like well-sauteed mushrooms!) I liked them so much that I sliced up 2 portobellas, cut them into 1-1/2 inch pieces, marinated them, put them right into the dehydrator, so I can have more of these delicious mushrooms.

      This recipe comes to you from my blog http://prettysmartrawfoodideas.wordpress.com
      If you choose to copy and re-publish it, please include this information in your post or publishing.