37351FERMENTED FOODS: Easy way to get tasty edible probiotics

  • prettysmartideas@rocketmail.com
    Sep 13, 2012
      Hello: I am Margaret, formerly known as manifestnow, responsible for a lot of the files in the files section you see on the left hand side of your screen if you go to the website of raw food@yahoogroups.com
      I created those files, with permission from the owner of this group, soon after I joined. There are a number of wonderful raw vegan recipes there, as well as other useful information.

      I went AWOL a few years back, but, from time to time, I do come back and look to see what is going on here. Now I have some new info to add.

      For the past couple of years, I have been making sauerkraut. I came up with a way to have it ferment relatively smell-free in 3 days, which is a boon to people who live in small apartments, as I do.

      Recently, I have suddenly become aware that there are many more things you can ferment rather than just cabbage, and I have been experimenting. Currently, I have four jars going - one of salsa, one of salsa with about half the jar filled with chopped onion, and two separate recipes for green beans.

      I invite you to check out my blog prettysmartrawfoodideas.wordpress.com to see what I've been doing. I started my blog soon after I left this mailing list because my CSA (community supported agriculture) was not receptive to raw vegan recipes, which, as a newly-minted raw vegan chef, I was producing by the boatload.

      If you would like to find raw vegan recipes, or information on how to ferment raw vegetables easily and quickly, please visit my blog
      prettysmartrawfoodideas.wordpress.com
      There is a search box in which you can key in a word or phrase to try to find a recipe you can use.
      If you don't find a recipe you are looking for, then please contact me. If I don't have the recipe on-line, I probably have it on my hard drive, and I can send it to you.

      I look forward to seeing you soon.
      Margaret
      prettysmartrawfoodideas.wordpress.com
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic