2034Re: [Raw Food] Dr. Ornish Diet

  • realityofimagination
    May 1, 2002
      I have to agree with Regina. Dr. Ornish does not recommend a raw diet
      anyway. His program is quite old.

      I bet he recommends foods like bread and chips that have just been
      proven to have high levels of carcinogens. If he recommends cooked
      foods I don't take his information seriously. It may be helpful to
      people with heart disease, but couldn't compare to healthy a raw diet
      is.

      Cooked fats are the problem not raw fats. We need fat in our diets.
      Where does he suppose a raw foodist will get their fat? Avocados and
      nuts are a great source for these things.

      Does Dr. Ornish distinguish between raw fats versus cooked fats?

      Just an interesting aside for you Seinfeld Fans. There is one episode
      of Seifeld where Kramer becomes a raw foodist. He doesn't say
      anything with the term raw. Instead he said he was only eating Fresh
      foods. He threw out his oven I think. He was eating fruits and even
      meats all Fresh or uncooked.

      He was always going to Jerry's apartment to get more food because his
      new waitress girlfriend was constantly demanding food and I guess he
      didn't have the stuff to please her.

      Roger Haeske
      http://www.superbeing.com

      --- In rawfood@y..., Regina DeLuca <regdeluca@y...> wrote:
      > It's a shame! These are wonderfully healing foods.
      > As a personal trainer I'm often asked advice regarding
      > nutrition. I always encourage people to eat from the
      > earth, specifically promoting avocados and raw nuts.
      > The reaction I get is typically "aren't those high in
      > fat?" or "I read not to eat these foods because they
      > are bad for you.", of which I reply "yes" and "don't
      > listen to everything you read". I continue with their
      > benefits. This Dr. is setting a bad example for others
      > who want to learn about health. I wonder what
      > research he has to prove this recommendation?
      >
      > Regina
      >
      > --- petergardiner@e... wrote:
      > > Have just been reading about Dr. Ornish's diet. He
      > > claims great success
      > > in curing heart disease.
      > >
      > > To cut to the chase he says that amongst other items
      > > the following
      > > should
      > > be avoided.
      > >
      > > Avocados
      > >
      > > Olives
      > >
      > > Nuts & seeds.
      > >

      > > That fairly knocks a corner off David Wolfe's
      > > triangle. It also takes a
      > > slice out of my diet. Are there any enlightened
      > > thoughts out there on
      > > this subject?
      > >
      > > Peter Gardiner

      > http://health.yahoo.com