how will the strike affect our monthly meeting

  • jeff_swick
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2007
      will the current strike at the UofS campus affect our general meeting?
      if so perhaps we should look at moving the November meeting

      Jeff
    • Kevin Carter
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2007

        The Strike should not affect your meeting at all.  All University classes and services are open.  The people on the strike line should let you by without harassment.  If not there are people you can complain to, I'll pass it along up the line to whoever is in charge of this mess.

        Send a smile, make someone laugh, have some fun! Start now!
      • jeff swick
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2007
          Well I'm not worried about harrasment. I should have
          been more clear. What I mean is will the building be
          open?
          Also I'm aware that the strike could pose certain
          challenges for some of our members in regards to
          crossing the picket line. It will not affect me one
          way or the other.
          If some of our members will feel compramised in their
          belief then I think we should move the meeting for the
          month.
          Our meeting isn't about the managment/ labour dispute
          it's about astronomy and our members shouldn't have to
          worry about it one way or the other.

          My personal opinion about the dispute is that I have
          no opinion on the dispute....nor do I want to form
          one.

          It may be an opprotune time to have it at such venues
          such as the civic center or perhaps Beaver Creek and
          invite the public for a little sidewalk astronomy as
          well.
          Jeff

          http://mail.yahoo.com