question about observers group

  • jeff_swick
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2007
      I was just looking at the calandar in the newsletter and see that the
      observers group is listed for the 12th (this Friday)

      Should it not read as being on the 19th?

      Regards
      Jeff
    • jeff_swick
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2007
        Doh....the 12th is next Friday but the question remains the same.

        In rascstoon@yahoogroups.com, "jeff_swick" <jeff_swick@...> wrote:

        > I was just looking at the calandar in the newsletter and see that the
        > observers group is listed for the 12th (this Friday)
        >
        > Should it not read as being on the 19th?
        >
        > Regards
        > Jeff

      • scott_larry_d
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2007
          G'day Jeff. The moon's phase for Jan. 12th is waning crescent and will
          rise at 04:04 the morning of the 13th. This should give us about 10
          hours of dark sky observing if we can get out to Sleaford by 18:00.
          OK, that seems a little excessive given that it's January. How about
          we go from 20:00 till 02:00 in the morning?

          The reason I chose the 12th is that it's the first Friday in the 2
          week dark sky period in January. This way when we are clouded out on
          the 12th, we still have the 13th, 19th and 20th as backup dates. I
          generally (almost always) try to make a post here when I am going out
          to Sleaford.

          See you out there (on the 12th).

          Larry

          --- In rascstoon@yahoogroups.com, "jeff_swick" <jeff_swick@...> wrote:

          > Doh....the 12th is next Friday but the question remains the same.
          >
          > In rascstoon@yahoogroups.com, "jeff_swick" <jeff_swick@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I was just looking at the calandar in the newsletter and see that
          the
          > > observers group is listed for the 12th (this Friday)
          > >
          > > Should it not read as being on the 19th?
          > >
          > > Regards
          > > Jeff

        • jeff_swick
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2007