Is it just me or.....

  • jeff_swick
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4 6:35 AM
      Is everybody else scared to go outside as well?
      brrrrrr
      Jeff
    • Tenho Tuomi
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4 3:43 PM
        What's a little cold. On Monday I photographed comet Machholz and
        Saturn with my A75. See
        http://www.lex.sk.ca/astro/mach3.jpg
        http://www.lex.sk.ca/astro/saturn7.jpg

        Still admiring the planets in the mornings, but from inside the house.

        Tenho

        jeff_swick wrote:

        > Is everybody else scared to go outside as well?
        > brrrrrr
        > Jeff
      • Ken Maher
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5 12:10 AM
          I had a great session last night! In one glorious hour I pegged eight more of
          my Messiers, Enjoyed Saturn, Had a good long look at Comet Macholtz and lost
          all feeling in my hands and feet. It was -29 (feeling like -40 with the Wind
          chill). I would have stayed out longer but after going in for a few minutes
          to warm up I came out my Binos were frozen. I don't know how to describe it
          better. I am well aquainted with dew and frost, ... this was neither. They
          were just plain frozen and you couldn't see anything through them any more.

          Tonight wasn't so good ... too much ice in the air. Although it sure makes
          the street lights pretty as they merrily beam pillars of light straight up
          into the sky!

          Ken