Sleaford tomorrow night?

  • Kris Ohnander
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2013
      Just wondering who is all going out to Sleaford tomorrow night. Clear sky clock looks okay, but it does get a little cloudy around 9-10pm. I'm thinking of heading out for an hour or two with two friends who have slight interest in astronomy but have never seen some of the great things there are to see up there. If there were more people than just us, it would be encouraging. Sunset is at roughly 6pm, so I think I'll try to be out there for 6:30.
    • Norma
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2013
        On 2/1/2013 2:05 PM, Kris Ohnander wrote:

        Just wondering who is all going out to Sleaford tomorrow night. Clear sky clock looks okay, but it does get a little cloudy around 9-10pm. I'm thinking of heading out for an hour or two with two friends who have slight interest in astronomy but have never seen some of the great things there are to see up there. If there were more people than just us, it would be encouraging. Sunset is at roughly 6pm, so I think I'll try to be out there for 6:30.

        hey Kris - see that you surfaced - don't know yet about tomorrow night - it is observer's group night - so maybe some one will be out there -   Norma
      • Larry Scott
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 2, 2013
          Hey Kris,

          I'm waffling at this point due to the forecast, but may go out just to do some yardwork. Can you call me at home? 934-5801

          Larry

          --- In rascstoon@yahoogroups.com, "Kris Ohnander" wrote:

          > Just wondering who is all going out to Sleaford tomorrow night. Clear sky clock looks okay, but it does get a little cloudy around 9-10pm. I'm thinking of heading out for an hour or two with two friends who have slight interest in astronomy but have never seen some of the great things there are to see up there. If there were more people than just us, it would be encouraging. Sunset is at roughly 6pm, so I think I'll try to be out there for 6:30.

        • jeff swick
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 2, 2013
            It doesn't look real promising to go to Sleaford but you may want to take your friends to the U of S Observatory as several of our members volunteer there but I don't know who is on duty tonight.
            Depending on who is working the scope and the amount of general public at the facility you might as well enjoy observing from inside the dome.

            I mean it's not the skies at Sleaford but.....

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 2, 2013
              If anyone wants to go to Sleaford tonight(Saturday, Feb. 2nd) let me know by 16:00 and I'll meet you out there. Otherwise we'll hope for better skies next weekend. Call me at 934-5801(no texting) or email at larry.scott@...

              Larry

              --- In rascstoon@yahoogroups.com, jeff swick wrote:

              > It doesn't look real promising to go to Sleaford but you may want to take your friends to the U of S Observatory as several of our members volunteer there but I don't know who is on duty tonight.
              > Depending on who is working the scope and the amount of general public at the facility you might as well enjoy observing from inside the dome.
              >
              > I mean it's not the skies at Sleaford but.....

              > ________________________________

            • Dick
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 2, 2013
                tonight is Jims turn

                rmk

                Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2013 2:24 PM
                Subject: Re: [rascstoon] Re: Sleaford tomorrow night?

                --- In mailto:rascstoon%40yahoogroups.com, "Kris Ohnander" wrote:

                > Just wondering who is all going out to
                Sleaford tomorrow night. Clear sky clock looks okay, but it does get a little cloudy around 9-10pm. I'm thinking of heading out for an hour or two with two friends who have slight interest in astronomy but have never seen some of the great things there are to see up there. If there were more people than just us, it would be encouraging. Sunset is at roughly 6pm, so I think I'll try to be out there for 6:30.

              • Jim Goodridge
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 2, 2013
                  Everyone is welcome to attend every Saturday night, we're open at 7:30.  The clouds are working against us tonight but Dick Kirk has loaded a bunch of pictures on the computer, and the projector and screen are all ready to go.

                  Best Regards
                  Jim

                  On 2-Feb-13, at 2:46 PM, Dick wrote:

                  tonight is Jims turn

                  rmk

                  Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2013 2:24 PM

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 2, 2013

                    Thanks for all the replies, i think we're going to stay in for tonight though. Larry, any time that you or Norma sre heading out, send me an email or phone me at 3067407617 cause i would like to get out there again one of these days, and if i bring my frienda out it would be cool to blow their socks off with your scope - especially when they were pretty amazed with the views from mine, inside the city.

                    Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2013 2:24 PM

                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 2, 2013
                      and Stellarium installed. needs local settings.
                      rmk

                      Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2013 2:24 PM

                      It doesn't look real promising to go to Sleaford but you may want to take your friends to the U of S Observatory as several of our members volunteer there but I don't know who is on duty tonight.
                      Depending on who is working the scope and the amount of general public at the facility you might as well enjoy observing from inside the dome.

                      I mean it's not the skies at Sleaford but.....

                      I'm waffling at this point due to the forecast, but may go out just to do some yardwork. Can you call me at home? 934-5801

                      Larry

                      --- In mailto:rascstoon%40yahoogroups.com, "Kris Ohnander" wrote:

                      > Just wondering who is all going out to Sleaford tomorrow night. Clear sky clock looks okay, but it does ge t a little cloudy around 9-10pm. I'm thinking of heading out for an hour or two with two friends who have slight interest in astronomy but have never seen some of the great things there are to see up there. If there were more people than just us, it would be encouraging. Sunset is at roughly 6pm, so I think I'll try to be out there for 6:30.

                    • scott_larry_d
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 27, 2013
                        Observer's Group is scheduled for tomorrow night, however forecast is for -25C at sunset and getting colder as the evening wears on. If someone is going to show up let me know by noon tomorrow and I'll be there. If no one is interested I'll make other plans as well.

                        Larry