Re: [rascstoon] New pictures

  • Dick
    Message 1 of 48 , Jan 1, 2013
      Beautiful shot Tenho. I don’t recall your taking 5 minute exposures before, did you guide for this one? How did you frame the shot? BTW I got a star count of 1335.

      Dick

      Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2013 12:18 AM
      Subject: Re: [rascstoon] New pictures

      Happy New Year.

      I started the year by taking a picture of the North America and Pelican
      nebulae using the Canon 75-300mm lens at 135mm, 6 five-minute pictures
      at ISO 1600. The faint nebula on the left is Sh2-119. one of the new
      Wide-Field Wonders in the 2013 Handbook.

      http://www.lex.sk.ca/astro/DeepSky/NGC7000_5.jpg

      Tenho

    • Tenho Tuomi
      Message 48 of 48 , Feb 9, 2013
        We had two clear nights in a row. That hasn't happened since Norma and
        Larry were here at the beginning of January.

        Last Night I found a few nice spiral galaxies in Ursa Major from the
        Hershel 400 list.
        http://www.lex.sk.ca/astro/DeepSky/NGC3938_110.jpg
        http://www.lex.sk.ca/astro/DeepSky/NGC4051_110.jpg

        Tenho