funding of new proposal

  • jeff_swick
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2006
      I'm wondering if we move forward with the new project how the funds should be dispersed
      the Physics Dept.
      Would they need it all in a lump summ?
      Would it be in installments?
      Enquireing minds want to know?

      Seriously though if any one has any thoughts perhaps we can banter it around on the list
    • Jensen, Norma
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 2006
        Still one of the disinterested in the offer - there should be no difference
        with this new scope as the arrangement we have with the others (training
        and then arranged use) or will that arrangement not hold because of this
        scopes special nature? Although we have a sleaford partnership im not
        interested as a member of rasc to fund raise for the university - that means
        our own scope will be effectively put on the back burner for the next
        generation to mull over - norma

        I'm wondering if we move forward with the new project how the funds should
        be dispersed
        the Physics Dept.
        Would they need it all in a lump summ?
        Would it be in installments?
        Enquireing minds want to know?

        Seriously though if any one has any thoughts perhaps we can banter it around
        on the list

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • jeff_swick
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6, 2006
          As I understand it and I may be wrong but we will get the specialized
          training like the others.
          I for one would be intrested especialy in the robotic features. I
          would like to venture into photometry and being able to have my
          computer do it for me in the middle of the night when it's 25 below
          has apeal to me for that as well as having use of the ccd.
          That's me of course.
          Al Hartrige I thought brought up a good point about having acess to
          equipment that we will not be able to afford as well as the
          "maintnance free" aspect
          That will be a good point for you to bring up for discussion at the
          meeting.
          My current position is that it is win/win but that's just me

          Cheers
          Jeff