junky

  • Dick Kirk
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2012
      I am now 4 days post surgery and I am badly in need of an astro fix. The doc said not to do any heavy lifting for 2 or 3 weeks, if I don't get a fix before then I will have to be re-trained on my scope. Maybe a bino night will tide me over. It looks like I will have to wait until Wednesday.

      RMK

      PS-a few more pics on http://www.flickr.com/photos/astro-fool/
    • Tenho Tuomi
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2012
        On 01/07/2012 14:10, Dick Kirk wrote:
        > I am now 4 days post surgery and I am badly in need of an astro fix. The doc said not to do any heavy lifting for 2 or 3 weeks, if I don't get a fix before then I will have to be re-trained on my scope. Maybe a bino night will tide me over. It looks like I will have to wait until Wednesday.
        >
        > RMK
        >
        > PS-a few more pics on http://www.flickr.com/photos/astro-fool/

        That doesn't look like M97, more like M27. Very nice pictures though.
        I love those sharp stars.

        Tenho
      • dickandmarion@sasktel.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2012
          Thank you for the remark Tenho, I shall have to recheck my notes

          From: Tenho Tuomi <ttuomi@...>
          Sender: rascstoon@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 17:26:47 -0600
          To: <rascstoon@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: rascstoon@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [rascstoon] junky

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2012
            I shall get memory stick in the mail tomorrow. Click thru to "start" it works in html lots of info but may not be relevant to your PSE 7

            From: Tenho Tuomi <ttuomi@...>
            Sender: rascstoon@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 17:26:47 -0600
            To: <rascstoon@yahoogroups.com>

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 1, 2012
              It didn’t take long to confirm M27. I have no idea how I managed to get mixed up but my notes were wrong. On my to do list I had written M97, Owl Nebula, 3rd object on my list for the night(27 wasn’t even on my list) but must have slewed to 27 instead. That is going to bug me for a while, it might have been my bad eyesight reading in the dark with a dim red light. Great of you to bring it to my attention, I appreciate it!

              Dick

              Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2012 5:26 PM

              That doesn't look like M97, more like M27. Very nice pictures though.
              I love those sharp stars.

              Tenho

              No virus found in this message.