ISS Transit of Venus

  • jeff_swick
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012
    • cl whitehead
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 4, 2012
        Hi,

        This is a long shot... but would anyone know where I could get some mylar?  I could volunteer my telescope to help out but it's kind of in need of some work and a filter of some sort.
        I know alot of people in the building I'm in (Health Sciences), are going to check it out.

        Thank all,

        Carmen

      • jeff_swick
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 4, 2012
          Hello Carmen.

          We're fresh out of the mylar to make filters but we do have lots of transit glasses for you and your friends.
          See you there.

          Regards
          Jeff

          --- In rascstoon@yahoogroups.com, cl whitehead <whitehead.car@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > This is a long shot... but would anyone know where I could get some mylar?
          > I could volunteer my telescope to help out but it's kind of in need of some
          > work and a filter of some sort.
          > I know alot of people in the building I'm in (Health Sciences), are going
          > to check it out.
          >
          > Thank all,
          >
          > Carmen
          >

          > On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 9:03 AM, jeff_swick <jeff_swick@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2012/31may_isstransitofvenus/

        • Norma
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 4, 2012
            On 6/4/2012 11:52 AM, cl whitehead wrote:
            Hi,

            This is a long shot... but would anyone know where I could get some mylar?  I could volunteer my telescope to help out but it's kind of in need of some work and a filter of some sort.
            I know alot of people in the building I'm in (Health Sciences), are going to check it out.

            Thank all,

            Carmen

            check with Rick Huziak   Norma
          • Colin C.
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 4, 2012
              I already tried that but he doesn't have any left. The Science Shop in Edmonton is all out of it too.

              Colin

              Sent from my iPhone

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 4, 2012
                Sorry Carmen,

                We didn't buy any this time, and have none at all. :-(

                rick