Mount required

  • Colten Edwards
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6, 2006

      Anyone happen to have a CG-5 mount or better for a Celestron C8-N they’d maybe part with?

                                                                                                      Colten Edwards

    • jeff swick
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 7, 2006
        Greetings from Republica Dominica.
        I have one that I am more than pleased with.
        You might try posting your request here
        Celestron_AS@yahoogroups.com

        good luck
        Jeff)who tommorow is sad because he has to come back
        home
        --- Colten Edwards <cd.edwards@...> wrote:

        > Anyone happen to have a CG-5 mount or better for a
        > Celestron C8-N they'd
        > maybe part with?
        >

        > Colten Edwards

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • jeff_swick
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 23, 2006
          Colton : how did you make out with your search for your mount?
          It was great meeting you on Monday by the way.....always nice to put a
          face to the fingers behind the keyboard.
          Jeff

          In rascstoon@yahoogroups.com, jeff swick <jeff_swick@...> wrote:

          > Greetings from Republica Dominica.
          > I have one that I am more than pleased with.
          > You might try posting your request here
          > Celestron_AS@yahoogroups.com
          >
          > good luck
          > Jeff)who tommorow is sad because he has to come back
          > home
          > --- Colten Edwards <cd.edwards@...> wrote:
          >

          > > Anyone happen to have a CG-5 mount or better for a
          > > Celestron C8-N they'd
          > > maybe part with?
          > >

          > > Colten Edwards

          > http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Colten Edwards
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 23, 2006

              Thanks for asking Jeff, and it was nice meeting everyone I did on Monday. The other nite I logged onto the RASC site

            And purchased a membership for the year or what’s left of it.

              I actually made out good. I’m purchasing a Celestron CG-5 mount from a guy in South Carolina .  He had purchased

            A new scope and it came with a mount he didn’t need, so he put it up for sale on astromart. I just happened to catch

            The ad about 5 minutes after he put it up for sale. I also purchased a goto4all kit with motors and Meade 495 controller

            From another guy on astromart. It will allow me to convert the CG-5 into a goto mount fairly cheaply. I figure I can sell

            The extra 495 handheld for some extra money. Right now, I’ve got a auction on eBay for my old Meade DS-2130 5”

            Scope which I hope someone will take off my hands for a reasonable amount. I’ve also got a couple of new eyepieces

            On the way from the states.. a 56mm 2” Meade Series 4000 and a 20mm Series 4000. One day I’ll  bite the bullet and

            Purchase a televue or a pentax.

                                                                                                                Colten Edwards

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 23, 2006
              I hope you make out well with the goto aspect....I love mine and also
              the fact that if I want to I can run it wireless from inside the house.
              I really have room to grow with it.
              As to the eye piece I purchased a televue panoptic from daryl and
              tried it for the first time last night with a new deep sky light
              pollution filter on the M42 in Orion....I'm glad I told daryl I bought
              it because there is no way I could give it back.
              My view from the house is unfortunatly over the freeway so the light
              pollution is horendace but the new filter really did the job.
              Maybe it was just me but it actually looked 3-d
              Jeff

              In rascstoon@yahoogroups.com, Colten Edwards <cd.edwards@...> wrote:

              > Thanks for asking Jeff, and it was nice meeting everyone I did on
              Monday.
              > The other nite I logged onto the RASC site
              >
              > And purchased a membership for the year or what's left of it.
              >

              > I actually made out good. I'm purchasing a Celestron CG-5 mount
              from a guy
              > in South Carolina. He had purchased
              >
              > A new scope and it came with a mount he didn't need, so he put it up for
              > sale on astromart. I just happened to catch
              >
              > The ad about 5 minutes after he put it up for sale. I also purchased a
              > goto4all kit with motors and Meade 495 controller
              >
              > From another guy on astromart. It will allow me to convert the CG-5
              into a
              > goto mount fairly cheaply. I figure I can sell
              >
              > The extra 495 handheld for some extra money. Right now, I've got a
              auction
              > on eBay for my old Meade DS-2130 5"
              >
              > Scope which I hope someone will take off my hands for a reasonable
              amount.
              > I've also got a couple of new eyepieces
              >
              > On the way from the states.. a 56mm 2" Meade Series 4000 and a 20mm
              Series
              > 4000. One day I'll bite the bullet and
              >
              > Purchase a televue or a pentax.
              >

              > Colten Edwards