Re: [rascstoon] Comet Garradd

  • Tenho Tuomi
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 2, 2011
      Took a 8x2minute picture of comet Garradd and the Coathanger cluster.

      http://rockpoint.dyndns.org/astro/350d/C2009P1-Cr399_15.jpg

      Tenho
    • jeff swick
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 2, 2011
        Well done....I see you've also caught an NGC cluster to the upper  left of the coathanger

        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 2 3:59 PM
          Two more mornings to see or photograph comet Garradd beside the globular
          cluster M92 before the moon interferes.

          From 5:40 to 6:50 tomorrow morning.
          From 6:25 to 6:50 Saturday morning.

          Tenho
        • Tenho Tuomi
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 3 5:56 AM
            Some thin haze but I got a picture through my 12" scope
            http://rockpoint.dyndns.org/astro/350d/C2009P1-M92_55.jpg

            Anybody else see it?

            On 02/02/2012 17:59, Tenho Tuomi wrote:
            > Two more mornings to see or photograph comet Garradd beside the globular
            > cluster M92 before the moon interferes.
            >
            > From 5:40 to 6:50 tomorrow morning.
            > From 6:25 to 6:50 Saturday morning.
            >
            > Tenho

          • Colin C.
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 3 6:00 AM
              Excellent shots Tenho.

              Colin

              Sent from my iPhone

              On 2012-02-03, at 7:56, Tenho Tuomi <ttuomi@...> wrote:

              Some thin haze but I got a picture through my 12" scope
              http://rockpoint.dyndns.org/astro/350d/C2009P1-M92_55.jpg

              Anybody else see it?

              On 02/02/2012 17:59, Tenho Tuomi wrote:
              > Two more mornings to see or photograph comet Garradd beside the globular
              > cluster M92 before the moon interferes.
              >
              > From 5:40 to 6:50 tomorrow morning.
              > From 6:25 to 6:50 Saturday morning.
              >
              > Tenho

            • jeff swick
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 3 7:07 AM
                Well done indeed.
                Why don't you create a folder at our new place?
                You can either post it so that it is available to only our members or you can post it in the public area.

                http://www.gwnastro.ca/forums/

                After I get back from Dallas, I'll start transferring our photo gallery to the new place.

                Regards
                Jeff

                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 3 12:09 PM
                  My pictures don't compare with many others taken this morning. Checking
                  Google for "comet Garradd M92" gave 3000 hits. Must be the most
                  exciting thing that has happened in astronomy recently.

                  I created a page for all of my comet Garradd pictures
                  http://rockpoint.dyndns.org/astro/350d/comets11.htm

                  Also reorganized all of my comet pictures
                  http://rockpoint.dyndns.org/astro/350d/comets.htm

                  I like comets as you can tell.

                  Tenho
                • Norma
                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 4 9:10 AM
                    On 2/3/2012 7:56 AM, Tenho Tuomi wrote:

                    Some thin haze but I got a picture through my 12" scope
                    http://rockpoint.dyndns.org/astro/350d/C2009P1-M92_55.jpg

                    Anybody else see it?

                    On 02/02/2012 17:59, Tenho Tuomi wrote:
                    > Two more mornings to see or photograph comet Garradd beside the globular
                    > cluster M92 before the moon interferes.
                    >
                    > From 5:40 to 6:50 tomorrow morning.
                    > From 6:25 to 6:50 Saturday morning.
                    >
                    > Tenho