Re: Sky News

  • wayne_schlapkohl
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 1, 2005
      Hi Folks,

      I'm not a RASC member and have a subscription to Sky News. In the year
      of my subscribing, it has never been late. I got my Nov/Dec issue in
      Oct. So I have a pretty good opinion of them. That and the fact that I
      bought the Terrence Dickinson Sky News recommended 7x50 Baush and Lomb
      binoculars and I really love them so in a couple ways they are in my
      good books.

      Wayne

      --- In rascstoon@yahoogroups.com, jeff swick <jeff_swick@y...> wrote:

      > Thanks for posting that Tenho....still it's a crap
      > situation. I've only received one issue on time in all
      > the years I've been a member. Usually I just read it
      > at the store.
      > It really frosts me that I'm forced to pay for it as
      > part of my membership.
      > I'm so pissed at them I'll offer to pay my dues minus
      > the forced subscription and make an issue of it.
      > Every issue there's "something" to delay. I've called
      > the office and the publisher and they both blame each
      > other.

    • jeff_swick
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 6, 2005
        I called Sky and asked them to send me a copy. I offered to pay for
        it but they refused.
        That was Thursday. The mag arrived yesterday.
        Still waiting on my RASC paid copy....perhaps it will arrive by the
        time the new Sky comes out in a week and a half.
        In rascstoon@yahoogroups.com, "wayne_schlapkohl" <wschlapkohl@b...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Folks,
        >
        > I'm not a RASC member and have a subscription to Sky News. In the
        year
        > of my subscribing, it has never been late. I got my Nov/Dec issue
        in
        > Oct. So I have a pretty good opinion of them. That and the fact
        that I
        > bought the Terrence Dickinson Sky News recommended 7x50 Baush and
        Lomb
        > binoculars and I really love them so in a couple ways they are in
        my
        > good books.
        >
        > Wayne
        >
        > --- In rascstoon@yahoogroups.com, jeff swick <jeff_swick@y...>
        wrote:

        > > Thanks for posting that Tenho....still it's a crap
        > > situation. I've only received one issue on time in all
        > > the years I've been a member. Usually I just read it
        > > at the store.
        > > It really frosts me that I'm forced to pay for it as
        > > part of my membership.
        > > I'm so pissed at them I'll offer to pay my dues minus
        > > the forced subscription and make an issue of it.
        > > Every issue there's "something" to delay. I've called
        > > the office and the publisher and they both blame each
        > > other.

      • Tenho Tuomi
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 13, 2005
          I uploaded the NGC planatarium program that I spoke about at the Dec. 12
          meeting to,
          http://www.lex.sk.ca/astro/ngc.zip

          You are welcome to take a look at it. Let me know if you have any
          trouble downloading it or if you find bugs in it.

          Tenho
        • jeff swick
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 14, 2005
            I have to say Tenho that that is one amazing project.
            I know the folks in the corner where I was sitting
            were just marveling at it.
            Me as well.
            In fact we went out after the meeting and folks were
            still talking about it.
            I loved the way you introduced it "I was just sitting
            around waiting for the grain to dry so I thought I'd
            write myself a planetarium program"

            Jeff

            --- Tenho Tuomi <tuomi@...> wrote:

            > I uploaded the NGC planatarium program that I spoke
            > about at the Dec. 12
            > meeting to,
            > http://www.lex.sk.ca/astro/ngc.zip
            >
            > You are welcome to take a look at it. Let me know
            > if you have any
            > trouble downloading it or if you find bugs in it.
            >
            > Tenho

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • jeff_swick
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 10, 2013
              I just received in the mail a second copy of the Jan/Feb Sky news for no reason whatsoever. Did anyone else get a second copy in the mail?
            • rmk1941
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 10, 2013
                Odd, Marion got some for an issue or two a while back. Then some reminders to renew?? Go figure

                Dick

                From: "jeff_swick" <jeff_swick@...>
                Sender: rascstoon@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 23:03:39 -0000
                To: <rascstoon@yahoogroups.com>
                ReplyTo: rascstoon@yahoogroups.com
                Subject: [rascstoon] Sky News

                I just received in the mail a second copy of the Jan/Feb Sky news for no reason whatsoever. Did anyone else get a second copy in the mail?

              • Jim Goodridge
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 10, 2013
                  I did too,  I wish they wouldn't try to get me to subscribe as I already get Sky News through my RASC membership.  It seems like there is a glitch in their system in that they don't recognize us as subscribers if we are members of RASC.

                  On 10-Jan-13, at 5:03 PM, jeff_swick wrote:

                  I just received in the mail a second copy of the Jan/Feb Sky news for no reason whatsoever. Did anyone else get a second copy in the mail?

                • Richard Huziak
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 10, 2013
                    Well .. they just send the same packaging to everyone - that's all.

                    I did too, I wish they wouldn't try to get me to subscribe as I already get Sky News through my RASC membership. It seems like there is a glitch in their system in that they don't recognize us as subscribers if we are members of RASC.

                    On 10-Jan-13, at 5:03 PM, jeff_swick wrote:

                    I just received in the mail a second copy of the Jan/Feb Sky news for no reason whatsoever. Did anyone else get a second copy in the mail?
                  • Schlapkohl, Wayne PNRHA
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 11, 2013

                      Yep, just got it yesterday.

                      Wayne Schlapkohl
                      North Battleford

                      I just received in the mail a second copy of the Jan/Feb Sky news for no reason whatsoever. Did anyone else get a second copy in the mail?

                      PNRHA Confidentiality Warning

                      This email message, including any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s)/ addressee(s) only and may contain information that is privileged or confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use that a person other than the addressee makes of this communication is strictly prohibited. The sender therefore does not accept any liability for any reliance or decisions based on it. If you received this in error, please contact the sender by return email and destroy this email message and any attachments.

                    • Dick
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 12, 2013
                        I found mine in the mail today

                        Dick

                        Sent: Friday, January 11, 2013 3:15 PM

                        Yep, just got it yesterday.

                        Wayne Schlapkohl
                        North Battleford

                        Message 11 of 15 , Jan 12, 2013
                          If people want to bring them to a meeting we can give them away at the U of S Observatory.

                          Sent: Friday, January 11, 2013 3:15 PM

                          Yep, just got it yesterday.

                          Wayne Schlapkohl
                          North Battleford