Re: new member/previous new telescope discussion

  • wayne_schlapkohl
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2005
      The open house sounds great, but I've missed it. I don't get a chance
      to do much travelling, but I will be going to New York City this week
      so the weekend of the open house was spent getting American money,
      travel insurance, etc. Sounds like you get to do a bit of travelling
      though, Jeff.

      Mars has been great. I had a very nice morning view last week. I just
      picked up a Mars filter (by Sirius). I hope it does some good. I tried
      it for the first time this morning but either the skies were very
      unsteady or I didn't let my scope cool down enough: the image was
      shimmering at 150x. I'm very new to using filters (my only other
      filter is an nd13% which typically just sits idle. Someone pointed out
      to me that rather than using a neutral filter for the moon I could more
      easily just leave the backyard light on. Oh ya, never thought about
      that. Newbies, we sometimes miss the obvious:).

      Thanks for the invitation.

      Wayne