sun spot 1117

  • jeff_swick
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2010
      snapped this yesterday afternoon out the back of the garage
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/spaceritual/5133417622/lightbox/

      Also watched the double transit on Jupiter the other night.

      There was more observing this morning as I got up at 5:00 and poked around Orion and Gemini before work.

      It's odd how awake I felt walking to work this morning after observing for a couple of hours, I think I'll keep at this 5 o clock thing while the weather is nice.
    • Tenho Tuomi
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2010
        Nice picture of the departing sunspot.

        Don't forget the moon at 5 AM. There's a lot of interesting things
        there too.

        I watched the double transit as well though I don't think I ever saw the
        two shadows at the same time. Last night I saw Io's shadow on Jupiter.

        Tenho