Re: Sleaford this weekend.

  • mrteal_rd
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2010
      It's supposed to be very nice, and unlike last Saturday the Rider game will be all wrapped up by the time it's time to leave. I'll do my best to make it out for the Observer's Group. What time do most people try to get out there by, around sunset or a little before?

      Dave

      --- In rascstoon@yahoogroups.com, "Larry" <larry.scott@...> wrote:

      > Saturday is the Observers Group at Sleaford and I'm hoping for a good turnout. That's no reason not to go out Friday night as well if you can, the forecast for Friday looks great.
      >
      > Larry

    • jeff swick
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2010
        Both nights actually look pretty good
        There's not really an actual time as we all have different schedules.

        I usually try and get out a little before sun set.

        I'm thinking that if all goes well this afternoon, I'll get out tonight and tomorrow.

        Jeff

        It's supposed to be very nice, and unlike last Saturday the Rider game will be all wrapped up by the time it's time to leave. I'll do my best to make it out for the Observer's Group. What time do most people try to get out there by, around sunset or a little before?

        Dave

        --- In rascstoon@yahoogroups.com, "Larry" <larry.scott@...> wrote:

        > Saturday is the Observers Group at Sleaford and I'm hoping for a good turnout. That's no reason not to go out Friday night as well if you can, the forecast for Friday looks great.
        >
        > Larry

      • Kris Ohnander
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1, 2010
          I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to take me out there on Saturday? I only have myself to take as I don't have my telescope up here yet. Is anyone willing?

          --- In rascstoon@yahoogroups.com, "Larry" <larry.scott@...> wrote:

          > Saturday is the Observers Group at Sleaford and I'm hoping for a good turnout. That's no reason not to go out Friday night as well if you can, the forecast for Friday looks great.
          >
          > Larry

        • strmanron
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 1, 2010
            Ron Waldron could probably do that - contact me via my cellphone at 230-2073. Be prepared to leave shortly before midnight.

            --- In rascstoon@yahoogroups.com, "Kris Ohnander" <krisohn@...> wrote:

            > I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to take me out there on Saturday? I only have myself to take as I don't have my telescope up here yet. Is anyone willing?
            >
            > --- In rascstoon@yahoogroups.com, "Larry" <larry.scott@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Saturday is the Observers Group at Sleaford and I'm hoping for a good turnout. That's no reason not to go out Friday night as well if you can, the forecast for Friday looks great.
            > >
            > > Larry

          • strmanron
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 1, 2010
              Sorry - on that last message I should have said "be prepared to come back to Saskatoon shortly before midnight." We would actually leave around 7:00 PM

              --- In rascstoon@yahoogroups.com, "strmanron" <strman@...> wrote:

              > Ron Waldron could probably do that - contact me via my cellphone at 230-2073. Be prepared to leave shortly before midnight.
              >
              > --- In rascstoon@yahoogroups.com, "Kris Ohnander" <krisohn@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to take me out there on Saturday? I only have myself to take as I don't have my telescope up here yet. Is anyone willing?
              > >
              > > --- In rascstoon@yahoogroups.com, "Larry" <larry.scott@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Saturday is the Observers Group at Sleaford and I'm hoping for a good turnout. That's no reason not to go out Friday night as well if you can, the forecast for Friday looks great.
              > > >
              > > > Larry

            • Richard Huziak
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 1, 2010
                After all the weekend observing is done, Darrell and I will once again be making your future observing life so much better by rennovating the Warm-up Shelter on Sunday, from about 10:30 am to 4:30 pm (-ish).  We could REALLY use 2 or 3 volunteers for the following tasks that need to get done before the Oct 16 open house ... and we cannot count on the weather holding indefinitely.

                a) remove, evaluate and rebuild the step to the deck on the Warm-up shelter - a bit of self-starting carpentry experience is needed.
                b) stain the Patterson Dome Deck & the Warm-up Deck
                c) remove all the long grass under the Patterson Step, U of S Roll-off Step, School side step
                d) clean up the Schoolhouse inside (lots of work) - there are piles from moving stuff from the Cold Storage, and construction supplies that need to be tidied up.
                e) clean up the toilet a bit - floor, supplies, empty the waste tray...
                f) cut the grass outside

                Darrell and I will be busy inside all Sunday getting wiring and construction done, so we don't have time to do the outside work. We can tell you what to do but don't have time to help directly.  All supplies will be provided.

                Volunteers: (your know who you are!) - email rickhuziak@...or call me (665-3392) BEFORE or AFTER the Rider game tomorrow, or talk to me tonite out at Sleaford.  But bottom line is we need a few people who can paint, pound and/or organize.

                Tenho - can you please cross-post this to the RASC email list - I'm not sure how many of our members are on Yahoo.

                Rick Huziak
                Saskatoon, SK