Space Week

  • jeff_swick
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2010
      Space Week on the National Geographic channel starts on Saturday....get those PVR's set and ready to go.

      Regards
      Jeff
    • Richard Huziak
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 26, 2010
        A quick note to all of ye out there.

        Darrell and I did some more work expanding the Warm-up Shelter at Sleaford today.  We pulled down the old plywood on the original west wall and pounded in the electrical boxes for that wall, and those in the new addition (old cold storage).  Darrel also scraped and primed the outdoor trim and primed the new addition floor.  I pulled electical wire.  So renos are going well and we can see what the final product will be.  It will still be about 4 trips out there before we are done.  Note that the panels are off the wall around the power boxes so that I have access for wiring, but with the plates on the boxes, there is no danger of exposed electrical hazards.  Still- do NOT throw breakers on in the rightmost power box - the one maked "do not throw breakers on in this box".  Exposed wires in the expansion are not live.

        For the users of the Warm-up - there will be a nice paint smell for your next trip, but the floor in the old cold storage will be dry.  We also moved the Eetook tube (12.5" scope) into the University Roll-Off building for now to get it out of the way.  It you want to use Eetook, get the base from the Warm-up Shelter and the tube from the Roll-off. There is a key to the Roll-off in the locker with the combination lock - those usual site users should know this combination (accessible after Roll-off training) so get the key from one of those people to use Eetook, and put him back into the Roll-off after you are done (for now).  If you need to know the combination for the locker/key, call me (665-3392) and I will give it to you .

        We didn't get anyone volunteering to come out with us this weekend, so the step on the deck did not get replaced.  Maybe when we ask next time, someone will volunteer - kind of an important thing to get done before the ground freezes and winter sets in, since the step is rotted out and it is likely a safety hazzard.  The schoolhouse is also a mess from construction materials and the old stuff from the cold storage - we will need a few people to help clean it up before the Oct 16 open house, please..

        Rick

        ____________
        Rick Huziak
        Saskatoon, SK

      • jeff_swick
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 29, 2010
          Thanks Rick and Darrell for volunteering your time and your expertise.
          When is the next work bee scheduled?
          My weekends are pretty open now for the next couple of weeks.

          --- In rascstoon@yahoogroups.com, Richard Huziak <rickhuziak@...> wrote:

          > A quick note to all of ye out there.
          >
          > Darrell and I did some more work expanding the Warm-up Shelter at Sleaford today. We pulled down the old plywood on the original west wall and pounded in the electrical boxes for that wall, and those in the new addition (old cold storage). Darrel also scraped and primed the outdoor trim and primed the new addition floor. I pulled electical wire. So renos are going well and we can see what the final product will be. It will still be about 4 trips out there before we are done. Note that the panels are off the wall around the power boxes so that I have access for wiring, but with the plates on the boxes, there is no danger of exposed electrical hazards. Still- do NOT throw breakers on in the rightmost power box - the one maked "do not throw breakers on in this box". Exposed wires in the expansion are not live.
          >
          > For the users of the Warm-up - there will be a nice paint smell for your next trip, but the floor in the old cold storage will be dry. We also moved the Eetook tube (12.5" scope) into the University Roll-Off building for now to get it out of the way. It you want to use Eetook, get the base from the Warm-up Shelter and the tube from the Roll-off. There is a key to the Roll-off in the locker with the combination lock - those usual site users should know this combination (accessible after Roll-off training) so get the key from one of those people to use Eetook, and put him back into the Roll-off after you are done (for now). If you need to know the combination for the locker/key, call me (665-3392) and I will give it to you .
          >
          > We didn't get anyone volunteering to come out with us this weekend, so the step on the deck did not get replaced. Maybe when we ask next time, someone will volunteer - kind of an important thing to get done before the ground freezes and winter sets in, since the step is rotted out and it is likely a safety hazzard. The schoolhouse is also a mess from construction materials and the old stuff from the cold storage - we will need a few people to help clean it up before the Oct 16 open house, please..
          >
          > Rick

          > Rick Huziak
          > Saskatoon, SK

        • Darrell Chatfield