[rascstoon] Lunar Observing Program

  • Tenho Tuomi
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2010
      Since it always seems to be clear only when the moon is bright, I
      thought I would dust off my copy of the Isabel Williamson Lunar Program
      and start on that. So of course now it is cloudy when the moon is out too.

      Starting into the program, the first thing I noticed is that it relies
      heavily on the "Atlas of the Moon" by Rukl, which is out of print. In
      particular it requires finding lettered craters which are not on any
      moon map, or moon software like Virtual Moon. Used Atlases are
      available on Amazon if one wants to pay the price. After a long search
      I finally found an experimental website of Rukl's moon pages, complete
      with lettered craters, http://the-moon.wikispaces.com/Rukl+Index+Map

      Now I have something to do whether the moon is shining or not, if the
      clouds will go away.

      Tenho
    • jeff swick
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2010
        That looks like a work around. I'm glad I have the paper version however as I'm color blind and I found it very difficult to read the type on the maps on the web page.

        I wonder if we don't have a copy or two for sale, it seems to me we did. perhaps check with Bruce to verify.