An Observing Challenge For the Summer

  • Ken Maher
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2005
      Hey Everyone,

      At our last Centre meeting I had a short presentation in which I
      basically asked for everyone to help me complete a project of
      mine ... which I'm hoping can become a project of "Ours."

      On all those cloudy nights (sooo many lately) when I'm not an
      astromomer, I am also a hobby game designer. One of my latest
      projects is an Astronomy Card Game. I would like everyone to
      consider helping out by submitting a picture or sketch (or 2 or 3) of
      certain objects to be included. All photos and sketches will be
      credited to their author on the card on which they are used. If
      everyone would do this, I would be willing to make the finished
      project available to all members as a potential fundraiser.

      In case you weren't able to be at our last meeting, I will be posting
      a couple of files to the group. The first is a list of the things I
      am looking for (a pdf file) and the second is a copy of the
      presentation I gave which may (or may not) make things clearer. This
      presentation is a Flash Presentation, so any Web Browser should be
      able to show it.

      If you have any questions or suggestions I'd love to hear from you,
      and here's to a summer of great observing.

      Ken
    • Ken Maher
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2005
        The files I mentioned are now uploaded in a folder entitled "Astronomy Game"
        in the files section.

        And when you have a chance (on that rare cloudy night) you can check out some
        of my other non-astronomy games at

        http://members.shaw.ca/kenmgames

        Ken