Re: [rascstoon] Re: Comets

  • Cam McLelland
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 25, 2009
      Yes   Great  Picture.........only  minus  22??   shot the picture in your  summer clothes?
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 25, 2009
        Tenho, thats awesome, do you have a mod on your camera?  To get the 5 minute exposure, I've got a canon 400d  xti and can only get a few minute exposure.
        Dean,

        > I replaced the picture of comet Lulin on my website
        > http://www.lex.sk.ca/astro/350d/C2007N3_15.jpg with a new one
        > taken
        > tonight, a single 5 minute exposure through my 80mm refractor,
        > at -22 C.
        >
        > Tenho

      • Tenho Tuomi
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 25, 2009
          No mod on my camera. The picture was 5 minutes at ISO 1600 and f/5,
          through the 80mm scope piggybacked on my big scope for tracking. I have
          had good success with that. With the camera's own faster f/3.5 lens,
          two or three minutes is enough before the picture gets too much light.

          Dean Sproull wrote:
          > Tenho, thats awesome, do you have a mod on your camera? To get the 5
          > minute exposure, I've got a canon 400d xti and can only get a few
          > minute exposure.
          > Dean,

        • Dean Sproull
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 26, 2009
            I gotta get out for an observers group with the new scope, having trouble using prime focus, just wondering if i should take the uv filter  (unscrew it) off the back of the scope, where the diagonal screws on. I've tried  2minutes  f/2.8 Iso 1600, need to spend more on adobe I guess to get a clear shot.. Thanx, Dean