[rascstoon] Happy New Year

  • Tenho Tuomi
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2009
      Happy New Year.

      How come everybody is so quiet? Only one posting since Dec 18.

      I made astronomical observations on only 8 days in December, less than
      half of last December. December this year was 10 C colder on average
      than last December. Maybe that is the reason why.

      My total observing days for 2008 were the least since I started keeping
      a log in 2002, but I took more pictures than average year, about 350
      pictures.

      Tenho
    • Cam McLelland
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2009
        Happy New year to you  Tenho, and the rest of the group
        Yes, it was a friggin cold December........Just when I thought I had my scope  operational
        Oh well,  supposed to be warm in a week or so.....im getting focused on the end of  Jan

        Cam

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2009
          --- In rascstoon@yahoogroups.com, Tenho Tuomi <ttuomi@...> wrote:

          > Happy New Year.
          >
          > How come everybody is so quiet? Only one posting since Dec 18.
          >
          > I made astronomical observations on only 8 days in December, less than
          > half of last December. December this year was 10 C colder on average
          > than last December. Maybe that is the reason why.
          >
          > My total observing days for 2008 were the least since I started keeping
          > a log in 2002, but I took more pictures than average year, about 350
          > pictures.
          >
          > Tenho

          Okay, I'm going to break the RASC silence since it is too #$%&* cold
          to do much else. I have been visiting the IYA site and under events I
          note that there are no posted events taking place anywhere in
          Saskatchewan between today and December 31, 2009!

          Now, I realize that I have missed the last two monthly meetings so I
          am likely uninformed about any plans but surely our centre and/or the
          Regina centre are planning something that will allow Saskatchewanians
          to experience a "Galileo Moment"

          If anyone knows of our plans, why not post them here. I plan to
          inform my staff and my students upon return to classes next week but
          have nothing to say presently about what the club is planning.

          Ron Waldron
        • jeff swick
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 3, 2009
            Well Ron your timing couldn't be better.
            We are having a meeting on this very subject on Wed at Barbs house.7:30.
            We'll have a better idea then.