Smoked out at Sleaford

  • jeff swick
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2005
      Well it was good to visit with Bill, Darrell Chatfield
      and Norma Janzen Sunday night out at Sleafore....first
      decent observing night in weeks.
      I forgot my gloves....damn.
      Anyway the farmer to the north decided it was a good
      day to burn his stubble( or whatever they do) . With
      the cold wind out of the north it also brought enough
      smoke to give me (the smoker) a headache....I must say
      the fire just over the hill looked nice in the
      dark.Here's a pic.
      It reminded of an old movie called "invasion of the
      Martian" when the saucer crashed behind the farm house
      and lit up the sky.
      Spooky....good thing Scooby came out to patrol the
      grounds.

      http://mail.yahoo.com