maybe a dumb question but...

  • rapidq111@yahoo.co.nz
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2001
      Hey I have been using the kill command ie://
      kill filename$ to delete files, but it doesn't delete certain ones
      for example if i have a file called http://caw.topcities.com.txt (its
      a website sent as a text file) how do I get that to delete?

      Many thanks in advance

      Lee
    • David Leek
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2001
        there is no such thing as a dumb question if you do not know the answer!

      • scruff@evansville.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2001
          > there is no such thing as a dumb question if you do not know the answer!

          I dunno . . . "how many pieces of chicken come in the ten piece
          chicken dinner" is a pretty dumb question . . . had to answer that
          one with a straight face on a weekly basis not-too-long ago.

          xScruffx
        • David Leek
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 4, 2001
            a kid in my eight grade career class asked what a plumber was!
            > > there is no such thing as a dumb question if you do not know the answer!
            >
            > I dunno . . . "how many pieces of chicken come in the ten piece
            > chicken dinner" is a pretty dumb question . . . had to answer that
            > one with a straight face on a weekly basis not-too-long ago.
            >
            > xScruffx

          • Penndragon
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 5, 2001
              Isn't that the guy who picks plums?