  • David
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 16, 2012
      --- In rapidq@yahoogroups.com, "eros_vrqb16" <lord_skulldragon@...> wrote:

      > --- In rapidq@yahoogroups.com, "David" <burkleyd@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In rapidq@yahoogroups.com, "d_homans" <d_homans@> wrote:

      > > > Was it?
      > > >
      > > Morally speaking... what is right? Right can be wrong (in some cases). And wrong can be right (in some cases). Each case typically has numerous factors which will determine if it's... right or wrong.
      > >
      > > Physically speaking... it wasn't the "right" one. The ON button was on "top" and the OFF button was the on the "bottom".
      > >
      > > Scientifically speaking... it must have been the right one. The room went dark after pushing it and Stan was forced to light a match in order to see it.
      > >
      > > Any more questions from the audience?
      > >
      > > Yes sir... you in the back with your hand raised... do you have a question?
      > >

      > Maybe the lamp was in another parallel universe and he checked for conditions that were true in that universe?

      Interesting concept.

      One would first have to subscribe to the idea that parallel universes do exist.

      Possibly Stan did (well before noted physicist Brain Greene did).
      And possibly Stan knew the only way to view (thru a portal) into one was by lighting a match.

      That brief moment when the match became ignited bent the molecules around it and created a minuscule tear in the cosmos that leads into another universe.

      I would think... the tear that Stan created was just large enough for him to see the alternate light switch.

      But imagine, if you will, if the tear were much larger.
      What would one see?

      A universe in which everything is the opposite of here?
      A universe that is either far more technologically advanced or behind than our own?
      Or even a universe in which it's identical to our own BUT it's in cartoon form (such as... The Simpsons)?

      The next logical question would be... would you go into this other universe or stay here in this one?
    • eros_vrqb16
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 16, 2012
        --- In rapidq@yahoogroups.com, "David" <burkleyd@...> wrote:

        > --- In rapidq@yahoogroups.com, "eros_vrqb16" <lord_skulldragon@> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In rapidq@yahoogroups.com, "David" <burkleyd@> wrote:

        > > > Morally speaking... what is right? Right can be wrong (in some cases). And wrong can be right (in some cases). Each case typically has numerous factors which will determine if it's... right or wrong.
        > > >
        > > > Physically speaking... it wasn't the "right" one. The ON button was on "top" and the OFF button was the on the "bottom".
        > > >
        > > > Scientifically speaking... it must have been the right one. The room went dark after pushing it and Stan was forced to light a match in order to see it.
        > > >
        > > > Any more questions from the audience?
        > > >
        > > > Yes sir... you in the back with your hand raised... do you have a question?
        > > >

        > > Maybe the lamp was in another parallel universe and he checked for conditions that were true in that universe?
        > >
        > Interesting concept.
        >
        > One would first have to subscribe to the idea that parallel universes do exist.
        >
        > Possibly Stan did (well before noted physicist Brain Greene did).
        > And possibly Stan knew the only way to view (thru a portal) into one was by lighting a match.
        >
        > That brief moment when the match became ignited bent the molecules around it and created a minuscule tear in the cosmos that leads into another universe.
        >
        > I would think... the tear that Stan created was just large enough for him to see the alternate light switch.
        >
        > But imagine, if you will, if the tear were much larger.
        > What would one see?
        >
        > A universe in which everything is the opposite of here?
        > A universe that is either far more technologically advanced or behind than our own?
        > Or even a universe in which it's identical to our own BUT it's in cartoon form (such as... The Simpsons)?
        >
        > The next logical question would be... would you go into this other universe or stay here in this one?

        Humans are hardcoded to "want". We want everything, anything, anytime and in any way, unless we are suppressed. So, if technology is right and "want" gene is not cut out from human DNA, we will dominate there too.
        Theoretics say, that 11 parallel universes(?) may exist, but even up to unlimited. So every your variant and a mix of all of those are possible.
        You might not even know it, you may already be connected to another universe and a part of you may already be living there. Here you have a physical form and your brain limits your powers, while your alternate has no limits and can do whatever you currently only dream doing here. Even, when you sleep, the dreamland you're in, may just be something more than you think.
      • Antonio João
        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 16, 2012
          I am here too.
          Only looking around because I have nothing to contribute, but many to receive.
          The easy questions, you answer, the complicated questions, I don´t know answer.

          Hugs;

                   /"""\
                  ( o o )
          .---oOOO--(_)--OOOo--.
          | Antonio João       |
          | Primavera do Leste |
          | Lat..:15°31'27.22"S|
          | Long.:54°19'43.25"W|
          |   .oooO MT/Brasil  |
          |   (   )  Oooo.     |
          `----\ (---(   )-----´
                \_)   ) /
                     (_/

          De: Daniel Mundo <mundo.daniel@...>
          Para: rapidq@yahoogroups.com
          Enviadas: Sábado, 15 de Setembro de 2012 9:32
          Assunto: [rapidq] Please, don't turn off the light.

          Please, don't turn off the light.
          I am every day present, in silent form, as, surely many other, expecting some novelty.
          Greetings.
          Daniel

          --- In rapidq@yahoogroups.com, "d_homans" <d_homans@...> wrote:

          > --- In rapidq@yahoogroups.com, "johnk20042001" <klaffky2825@> wrote:
          > >

          > > Knock, knock --
          > > Come on in partner.
          > >

          > G'day John
          > Just making sure I wasn't the last to leave, and had forgotten
          > to switch the lights off! But seems there are still a couple
          > of people around here. Noisy bunch too!

        • d_homans
          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 16, 2012
            --- In rapidq@yahoogroups.com, "eros_vrqb16" <lord_skulldragon@...> wrote:

            > --- In rapidq@yahoogroups.com, "David" <burkleyd@> wrote:
            > >

            > > --- In rapidq@yahoogroups.com, "eros_vrqb16" <lord_skulldragon@> wrote:

            > > > Maybe the lamp was in another parallel universe and he checked for conditions that were true in that universe?
            > > >
            > > Interesting concept.
            > >
            > > One would first have to subscribe to the idea that parallel universes do exist.
            > >
            > > Possibly Stan did (well before noted physicist Brain Greene did).
            > > And possibly Stan knew the only way to view (thru a portal) into one was by lighting a match.
            > >
            > > That brief moment when the match became ignited bent the molecules around it and created a minuscule tear in the cosmos that leads into another universe.
            > >
            > > I would think... the tear that Stan created was just large enough for him to see the alternate light switch.
            > >
            > > But imagine, if you will, if the tear were much larger.
            > > What would one see?
            > >
            > > A universe in which everything is the opposite of here?
            > > A universe that is either far more technologically advanced or behind than our own?
            > > Or even a universe in which it's identical to our own BUT it's in cartoon form (such as... The Simpsons)?
            > >
            > > The next logical question would be... would you go into this other universe or stay here in this one?
            > >

            > Humans are hardcoded to "want". We want everything, anything, anytime and in any way, unless we are suppressed. So, if technology is right and "want" gene is not cut out from human DNA, we will dominate there too.
            > Theoretics say, that 11 parallel universes(?) may exist, but even up to unlimited. So every your variant and a mix of all of those are possible.
            > You might not even know it, you may already be connected to another universe and a part of you may already be living there. Here you have a physical form and your brain limits your powers, while your alternate has no limits and can do whatever you currently only dream doing here. Even, when you sleep, the dreamland you're in, may just be something more than you think.

            knock knock?

            Just kidding, the lights can stay on a while longer!
          • midiprog2000
            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 17, 2012
              --- In rapidq@yahoogroups.com, "d_homans" <d_homans@...> wrote:

              > Knock, knock

              Hi,

              I'm also visiting the RQ forum regularly. I'm still using it to develop tools and software. As long as Win32 will run on the latest Windows version, RQ will still be there !

              Regards,
              Alain
            • waltersamsa
              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 17, 2012
                --- In rapidq@yahoogroups.com, "midiprog2000" <midiprog2000@...> wrote:

                > --- In rapidq@yahoogroups.com, "d_homans" <d_homans@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Knock, knock
                > >

                > Hi,
                >
                > I'm also visiting the RQ forum regularly. I'm still using it to develop tools and software. As long as Win32 will run on the latest Windows version, RQ will still be there !
                >
                > Regards,
                > Alain

                The same for me. I have to thank all the coders who have used their free time to keep alive RQ. It's still a good choice for many pourpose
                and I use it to built application skeleton in a fast way (also using the FB translator included in RapidFRM)

                Thanks to all
                Walter
              • Old Bob
                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 17, 2012
                  I'm going to ride RapidQ as long as it and I both exist at the same time. (inclusive or that... ) I still belong to the GWBasic group.

                  I'll do whatever I can to "keep alive" this group. The origin of RapidQ and the people that have kept it going is what makes it an icon of an interpreter and compiler to me. I know I don't contribute a lot, but I sure do appreciate the group members that make it work. If RapidQ can't do it, then mention it here and someone will figure out a way to do it with RapidQ ;-)

                  Anyone have any ideas about a prose program based on "knock, knock" revolations? I still have a copy of the original "dungeons and dragons" in DOS that flies under Windows.

                  old bob
                  --.-

                  --- In rapidq@yahoogroups.com, "waltersamsa" <waltersamsa@...> wrote:

                  > --- In rapidq@yahoogroups.com, "midiprog2000" <midiprog2000@> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > --- In rapidq@yahoogroups.com, "d_homans" <d_homans@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Knock, knock
                  > > >

                  > > Hi,
                  > >
                  > > I'm also visiting the RQ forum regularly. I'm still using it to develop tools and software. As long as Win32 will run on the latest Windows version, RQ will still be there !
                  > >
                  > > Regards,
                  > > Alain
                  > >

                  > The same for me. I have to thank all the coders who have used their free time to keep alive RQ. It's still a good choice for many pourpose
                  > and I use it to built application skeleton in a fast way (also using the FB translator included in RapidFRM)
                  >
                  > Thanks to all
                  > Walter

                • old bob
                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 17, 2012
                    Aw man....
                     Sorry about top loading my replies. Its considered poor procedure here. I suppose I need to figure out the changes that Yahoo has decided to make in the way e-mail is to be handled.

                    My bad.... and open to suggestions. I sure hope we don't have to go with raw ascii to get a simple text file posted on the web. I realize it might possibly threaten the wonderful graphics required for the fine art of advertisement but .....

                    Maybe its time to use the RS232 port and go back to TTY. That is what is happening with telephones that have decided to use text on a phone that can carry audio information perfectly well. (chuckle)

                    I think I still have the GWBasic program that "writes" a bat file and exectues it. The Bat file uses the DEBUG dot exe file to create a DOS software interrupt to post text to the console in machine language. The the GWBasic program uses shell to execute it. The text to the console displays "HELLO WORLD".
                    Of course, the whole exercise was a satire, of course.

                    ....... eob.....    (that is "end of bash" )

                    I'm going to ride RapidQ as long as it and I both exist at the same time. (inclusive or that... ) I still belong to the GWBasic group.

                    I'll do whatever I can to "keep alive" this group. The origin of RapidQ and the people that have kept it going is what makes it an icon of an interpreter and compiler to me. I know I don't contribute a lot, but I sure do appreciate the group members that make it work. If RapidQ can't do it, then mention it here and someone will figure out a way to do it with RapidQ ;-)

                    Anyone have any ideas about a prose program based on "knock, knock" revolations? I still have a copy of the original "dungeons and dragons" in DOS that flies under Windows.

                    old bob
                    --.-

                    --- In rapidq@yahoogroups.com, "waltersamsa" <waltersamsa@...> wrote:

                    > --- In rapidq@yahoogroups.com, "midiprog2000" <midiprog2000@> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > --- In rapidq@yahoogroups.com, "d_homans" <d_homans@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Knock, knock
                    > > >

                    > > Hi,
                    > >
                    > > I'm also visiting the RQ forum regularly.  I'm still using it to develop tools and software.  As long as Win32 will run on the latest Windows version, RQ will still be there !
                    > >
                    > > Regards,
                    > > Alain
                    > >

                    > The same for me. I have to thank all the coders who have used their free time to keep alive RQ. It's still a good choice for many pourpose
                    > and I use it to built application skeleton in a fast way (also using the FB translator included in RapidFRM)
                    >
                    > Thanks to all
                    > Walter

                    <*> Your email settings:
                        Individual Email | Traditional

                    <*> To change settings online go to:
                        (Yahoo! ID required)

                    <*> To change settings via email:
                        rapidq-digest@yahoogroups.com
                        rapidq-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  • johnk20042001
                    Message 9 of 22 , Sep 26, 2012
                      > I'm going to ride RapidQ as long as it and I both exist at the same >time. (inclusive or that... ) I still belong to the GWBasic group.
                      >
                      > I'll do whatever I can to "keep alive" this group. The origin of >RapidQ and the people that have kept it going is what makes it an >icon of an interpreter and compiler to me. I know I don't contribute >a lot, but I sure do appreciate the group members that make it work. >If RapidQ can't do it, then mention it here and someone will figure >out a way to do it with RapidQ ;-)

                      I can't wait until the M$oft 'slate' comes out. Then it will be "Cool" to program in old-school windows API again.

                      M$oft has this predictable business plan... Let other companies do most of the innovation, wait until the hype with the (apple) products dies down, then try to grab their customers.
                    • Antonio
                      Message 10 of 22 , Sep 26, 2012
                        --- In rapidq@yahoogroups.com, "Old Bob" <bbferrier@...> wrote:

                        > I'm going to ride RapidQ as long as it and I both exist at the same time. (inclusive or that... ) I still belong to the GWBasic group.
                        >
                        > I'll do whatever I can to "keep alive" this group. The origin of
                        > RapidQ and the people that have kept it going is what makes it an
                        > icon of an interpreter and compiler to me. I know I don't contribute
                        > a lot, but I sure do appreciate the group members that make it work.
                        > If RapidQ can't do it, then mention it here and someone will figure
                        > out a way to do it with RapidQ ;-)

                        Yes, it is.
                        I am a COBOL Developer, a friend said, "Why do it in COBOL if I can do it in COBOL?"

                        > old bob

                        Antonio João (ajSauro).
                      • osiyo53
                        Message 11 of 22 , Oct 5, 2012
                          --- In rapidq@yahoogroups.com, "d_homans" <d_homans@...> wrote:

                          > Knock, knock

                          Yep, and I'm still here.

                          And still using Rapidq from time to time.

                          In my professinal, work life, I program using other languages for the most part. But still use Rapidq for knocking together certain special purpose utilities used in conjunction with my work.