Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Initial Testing of Goeytex Circuit

Expand Messages
  • goeytex
    The second battery was put on the pulser yesterday. This battery was known be to weak and would not hold a charge very long. It is a 12V automotive lead
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 2, 2009
    View Source
    • 0 Attachment
      The second battery was put on the pulser yesterday. This battery was known be to weak and would not hold a charge very long. It is a 12V automotive lead acid battey 450 cranking amps.

      Prior to attaching the HP desulfator the battery was in a vehicle and ran down while turning the starter.

      The battery voltage read 12.4 with a DMM

      IT was then put on the HP desulfator for 18 hours. I disconnected the desulfator and took a battery voltage reading. It was initially 14.2 volts and then slowly dropped to 13.4 over 5 minutes where it has settled in. Is this normal ?

      I then hooked up a 16 volt 4 amp over charger and it only drew about 600 ma of current suggesting that it is nearly fully charged. This usually boils a 12v battery that has a low charge.

      I suppose the battery needs to be put on a heavy load and then tested again. I may take it to the Auto Parts Store and have it put on a real battery tester.

      My guess is that with a High Powered desulfator using an external power source, that the battery is getting charged during the process due to the average current being 200-300 ma. Peak current pulses are in the 8 amp range.

      I also think that if the goal is desulfation, that the battery may need to be discharged periodically during the desulfation process.

      Any suggestions here ?

      I can easily add a timer circuit that triggers a sub-circuit to load/discharge the battery periodically. I just don't know how often this should be done.

      Bill
    • anwar.shiekh
      ... Totally
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 2, 2009
      View Source
      • 0 Attachment
        --- In randrdesulfatorforum@yahoogroups.com, "goeytex" <cyber.roth@...> wrote:
        >
        > It was initially 14.2 volts and then slowly dropped to 13.4 over 5 minutes where it has settled in. Is this normal ?

        Totally
      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.