MX Newsletter Excerpts

  • Djembe G
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2004
      Music Explorium News - 30 November 2004

      MAKE YOURS A MUSICAL HOLIDAY
      We've got the cool instruments you want for a jolly, music-filled
      holiday! - from $1 up !
      Our prices are low throughout the store and selection is wide right
      now.
      We appreciate your business this year, and wish you many happy hours
      of music making with your family and friends. This will be a short e-
      newsletter, with just the biggest news.

      The Holiday Gift Registry is available, so you can tell family and
      friends what new toys you want to receive. AND empty stockings are
      free for you to fill with musical gift assortments.

      IN STOCK AT LAST! Meinl Woodcraft Congas Traditional rim congas for
      players who want authentic Cuban tone. The shells are American Ash
      with a classy light walnut stain. There is no substitute for the old-
      school shell profile and traditional rim, if you want to explore the
      wide range of tonal colors available in a professional quality conga.
      You've got to play these, the Timbas and the used Gon Bops, all in
      the same room!
      Slap – really crispy, easy to get that bright "crack" that cuts
      through anything, and yet there is still a depth and warmth to the
      sound.

      Open tone – brilliant, absolutely perfect, even when tuned lower than
      you'd ever want to play!

      Bass – speaks quickly, great response. Has a strong tonal impact, yet
      maintains a distinct richness of sound.

      Overall – You have an amazing variety of tonal qualities at your
      command, at a higher-than-average volume level, and without having to
      work hard.

      11" Quinto List $785 Our price $549
      11 ¾" Conga List $800 Our price $560
      12 ½" Tumba List $815 Our price $570
      all three sizes list $2400 our price $1440

      Wheelchair clamp - attaches firmly and holds any drum with a handle.
      List $100, sale $79, and we'll throw in a free $12 converter that
      will allow the clamp to hold any rod-mountable percussion! Rock and
      roll!!

      ***************************************

      UPCOMING Community Drum & Dance Events
      LAST DRUM CIRCLE at Carrboro Century Center, Wed. Dec. 15
      Facillitated drum circle starts at 7:30.
      Bring percussion, or borrow ours - all levels welcome.- $3/person or
      $8/group
      This will be our last facilitated community drum circle until Spring.
      We're kickin' back from doing drum circle facilitating for awhile,
      but not to cry 'cause - Hey! look what's coming . . . . .

      The ArtsCenter in Carrboro is hosting a WEEKLY Community Drum Circle
      starting Sunday, January 9th, 4-6 PM. Each week the ArtsCenter is
      inviting drummers of all ability levels to join in an unfacilitated
      drum circle. The group song will be created by all partipants, and
      community members are invited to assist in leading rhythms. Bringing
      your own drum is best, but a few drums will be available for loan.
      Music Explorium is the sponsor of this weekly event, and one of us
      will attend from time to time as well.

      Staff News -
      Sadly, Lee Raymond has left MX to teach more. She will continue to
      pick up repairs and set up work.
      Kevin Miller is working more days, and is knowledgeable about many
      kinds of instruments.
      JJ Kidder has taken over our synthesizer / electronics area.
      Blaise, Jill, Gabe and Laurel are here to serve you as usual. And
      Cathy will be here sometimes too!

      MUSICAL QUOTE
      "A deep silence revives the listening
      and the speaking of those two
      who meet on the riverbank.
      Like the ground turning green in a spring wind.
      Like birdsong beginning inside the egg."
      - Rumi (1207-1273)

      play on! - Blaise, Jill, Gabe, Cathy, Laurel, Kevin
      Music Explorium
      919-969-8400
      Electric Violin Shop
      403 W. Weaver Street