Vileika book

  • rosen20817@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2000
      I hve obtained a very detailed 1896 book in Russian about Vileika and Disna
      Uyezds in today's Belarus, whose title is loosely translated as "Material on
      the history and geography of Disna and Vileika Uyezds - Vilna Gubernia." It
      is in Russian, 262 pages, plus 144 pages of footnotes. It is NOT focussed
      primarily on Jews and matters of particular Jewish interest, but may,
      nontheless, be very useful, in my opinion. The author was A. [Aleksei]
      Sapunov. The book was published in Vitebsk in 1896. TITLE Materialy po
      istorii i geografii Disnenskago i Vileiskago uiezdov Vilenskoi gubernii /
      Izdanie A. Sapunova i kn. B. Drutskago-Liubetskago., PUB. INFO Vitebsk:
      Gubern. Tipo-Litogr., 1896. DESCRIPTION 262, 144 p. : ill. WID-LC
      DK505.9.V55 S27 1896x

      The book neads to be perused and read by someone literate in Russian. I
      would be happy to provide a copy to someone who has the requsite skills and
      interest, who could at least advise as to parts of the content that may be
      most useful to jewish genalogical researchers.
      --Steve Rosen, Bethesda, Maryland
      researching DINNERSTEIN and SHEPSENWOHL in Radoshkovich, Ilya, and Kurenets,
      Vileika district