Hochsteins from Radoshkovichi

  • rosen20817@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2000
      Dear Miles,

      I may have a Hochstein connection from Radoshkovichi for you. My GGF,
      Moshe Yoneh Shepsenwohl of Radoshkovichi, "farmed out" his fifth son Nochem
      Yaisof (Nathan, 1866-1961) to a Hockstein family lest Nathan be drafted into
      the army for 25 years. Nathan Hockstein and his wife Esther Rachel Shapiro
      Hockstein had 8 children. Their oldest son Jacob Hockstein, in turn, had
      three children, of whom the eldest was Leon Hockstein.
      Leon Hockstein is an enormous resource, because he has over the years
      become the family historian and the most active force in building a "cousins
      club" of the descendents of Moshe Yoneh Shepsenwohl--who taken together
      comprise an eighteen page family tree with hundreds of names including many
      Hocksteins. Unfortunately, Leon is now in frail physical condition in his
      early eighties, but he is mentally sharp as a tack. I suggest you contact
      Leon in Philadelphia at 215-567-6277.

      I would also be happy to exchange family trees. Mine is 18 pages long,
      as I said, and cannot be emailed. Do you have a fax?
      --Steve Rosen, Bethesda Maryland, fax 301-365-6876