Yosef & Rashe Gittel Hochstein, & son Sam (Shimon)from Radishkovitch

  • Miles Hochstein
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2000
      Hi, I just stumbled across this list...

      I'm doing some research on my grandfather Sam (Shimon Nachum)
      Hochstein (b 1888, Radishkovich near Minsk, migrated to Bayone New
      Jersey, circa 1905 with his father Yosef Hochstein, d. New York City
      1964)

      Sam's father was Yosef Hochstein, a carpenter by trade, from
      Radishkovich, and Sam's grandfather was "Yitzhak the Melamed",
      apparently a cheder teacher in Rad.

      Sam's mother "Rashe Gittel" left Rad. for Bayone a few years after
      1905.

      Are any of these names known to you or others? I'm primarily
      interested in the names and dates of birth of Yosef Hochstein and his
      wife Rashe Gittel, and their four parents (one of whom was "Yitzchak
      the Melamed") or any other info about them.

      Any suggestions for research appreciated. If anyone knows a Hochstein
      with origins in Rad. for example, this might be a start.

      Thanks,

      MH