Fwd: rado passport

  • RANDJUDY@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 1999
      In a message dated 12/13/99 5:38:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      Botwinick@... writes:

      : radoshkovichlist@onelist.com >>

      From: Botwinick@...

      Date: Mon, Dec 13, 1999 17:48 EDT
      To: botwinick@...

      Mr. Milton Botwinick:
      I admire your success in obtaining your personal infomation.
      I have been unsuccessful for over 3 years. I was wondering what trail
      or addresses your used in order to obtain some document of your
      ancester leaving Belarus.<<<<<<<<<

      I lucked out and obtained the internal passport carried by my great gm from
      Minsk to Phila. from the effects of my deceased grandfather.

      in 1884. He left Belarus for Denmark in 1906.
      I dont know if he leaving was dependent upon family debt
      to the CZAR or if he left to avoid the 1905/06 draft
      into the CZAR's war of 1905 (The Russo Japanese War).
      By the way I recommend reading it, I recently purchased it
      through Amazon.com and found the book very interesting.
      No this never has or never will make the NY Time best reading list,
      but it gave me a very descriptive type of the czars military
      obligations to the country.<<<<<<<<<

      Read the Samuria of vishnograd pub by JPS.

      get some xerox copy of his departure from Belarus, his
      destination Denmark. He was also returned back to Minsk for burial
      around 1915- or 1916.<<<<<<<

      I cant offer any suggestions except to have someone search in the Minsk
      archives.

      Steven Lotkin

      Milt Botwinick is searching the Botwinick surname in Radoshkovitz.