rado passport

  • Botwinick@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 1999
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Subj: asking for assistance
      Date: Mon, Dec 13, 1999 17:48 EDT
      To: botwinick@...

      Mr. Milton Botwinick:
      I admire your success in obtaining your personal infomation.
      I have been unsuccessful for over 3 years. I was wondering what trail
      or addresses your used in order to obtain some document of your
      ancester leaving Belarus.<<<<<<<<<

      I lucked out and obtained the internal passport carried by my great gm from
      Minsk to Phila. from the effects of my deceased grandfather.

      in 1884. He left Belarus for Denmark in 1906.
      I dont know if he leaving was dependent upon family debt
      to the CZAR or if he left to avoid the 1905/06 draft
      into the CZAR's war of 1905 (The Russo Japanese War).
      By the way I recommend reading it, I recently purchased it
      through Amazon.com and found the book very interesting.
      No this never has or never will make the NY Time best reading list,
      but it gave me a very descriptive type of the czars military
      obligations to the country.<<<<<<<<<

      Read the Samuria of vishnograd pub by JPS.

      get some xerox copy of his departure from Belarus, his
      destination Denmark. He was also returned back to Minsk for burial
      around 1915- or 1916.<<<<<<<

      I cant offer any suggestions except to have someone search in the Minsk
      archives.

      Steven Lotkin
      irwin@....<<<<<<<<<
    • botwinick@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 24, 2000
        hi Charlotte

        I also have a 1904 rado passport and would like to communicate with your
        friend

        miltb

        oooooooo

        Subject: Radishkovich
        From: Sam & Charlotte <samchar@...>
        Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 11:53:15 -0800

        I've been trying to help a member of our JewishGen group who does not
        have a computer. She has a document in old Ukranian which is a
        temporary passport for her grandfather to travel and it appears that the
        town is Radiskovich and the seal indicates either Vinnitska Gubernia or
        Vinniskyia Gubernia. The date is January 16, 1904. Is anyone familiar
        with a town called Radiskovich? I may be mispronouncing or misspelling
        the town as the area is hand written. I cannot read the
        Russian/Ukranian and have asked for help from several Russian relatives,
        and they too have had difficulty in making it out. Does anyone in the
        Ukranian SIG have any information on an area by this name?

        Charlotte Showel
        JGS of Southern Nevada
        samchar@...
      • Michael Horowitz
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 25, 2000
          I have what may be a passport or a travel visa showing my great uncle and
          aunt leaving Minsk.
          Is your document in several languages? - Mike

        • botwinick@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 25, 2000
            uncle and aunt leaving Minsk. Is your document in several languages? -
            Mike<<<<<<<

            oooooooo

            mike

            Everybody I have shown the passport to tells me it is in old slavic. It is
            an official document entirely in slavic. Printed form watermarked 1904. I
            have been told that this is an internal passport allowing one to travel
            outside town. Issued in rado

            miltb