Re: autobiography of rado

  • Susan Lieberman
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 21, 1999
      Dear Milt,
      Autobiography of rado. Is that of the town Radoshkovich?
      I am interested in a copy?
      What is your address to send of it? Also when was it written? About what
      period?
      Thanks Susan VIUKER Lieberman Landau
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 21, 1999
        From: "Susan Lieberman" <viukerville@...>

        Dear Milt,

        Autobiography of rado. Is that of the town Radoshkovich?

        I am interested in a copy?

        What is your address to send of it? Also when was it written? About what

        period?

        yes it is radoshkovitz.

        I am not sure of the time frame, my guess is late 1800's to early 1900

        Probably written this century

        Covers around turn of the century

        It came from the Mississipi Historical society
        by A Issacson
        "From Russia Ghetto to the Mississipi Delta
        165 pages

        Milton E. Botwinick [prof.gen]
        POB 13464
        Philadelphia, PA 19101-3464

        Botwinick@...

        http://
        members.aol.com/botwinick
        commercial
        http://
        members.aol.com/botwinick/botwin.htm family listings
      • Susan Lieberman
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 21, 1999
          Dear Milt,
          I am putting a check in the mail tonight.
          Thanks!
          Hope it is good reading.
          Susan

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 21, 1999
            > Dear Milt,

            > Thanks!

            > Hope it is good reading.

            > Susan

            This work is not a literary masterpiece. It is a typescript with many errors.

            What it is good for is an everyday knowledge of life in rado. What the
            schochet did. How the people drove 30 miles to minsk to buy goods for resale.
            How they went in a wagon convoy to deter highway robbers. What a typical meal
            was like. What the different occupations in rado did everyday.

            If a body will volunteer i will send the table of contents and first few
            pages which they can scan into and post on this mailing list.

            miltb
          • Susan Lieberman
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 21, 1999
              Wish I could help with scanning but I don't have a scanner.
              Thanks again, Susan