Re: autobiography of rado

  • RANDJUDY@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 21, 1999
      So why do you write to me?
    • RANDJUDY@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 21, 1999
        So why do you write to me?
      • Susan Lieberman
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 21, 1999
          Dear Milt,
          Autobiography of rado. Is that of the town Radoshkovich?
          I am interested in a copy?
          What is your address to send of it? Also when was it written? About what
          period?
          Thanks Susan VIUKER Lieberman Landau
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 21, 1999
            From: "Susan Lieberman" <viukerville@...>

            Dear Milt,

            Autobiography of rado. Is that of the town Radoshkovich?

            I am interested in a copy?

            What is your address to send of it? Also when was it written? About what

            period?

            yes it is radoshkovitz.

            I am not sure of the time frame, my guess is late 1800's to early 1900

            Probably written this century

            Covers around turn of the century

            It came from the Mississipi Historical society
            by A Issacson
            "From Russia Ghetto to the Mississipi Delta
            165 pages

            Milton E. Botwinick [prof.gen]
            POB 13464
            Philadelphia, PA 19101-3464

            Botwinick@...

            http://
            members.aol.com/botwinick
            commercial
            http://
            members.aol.com/botwinick/botwin.htm family listings
          • Susan Lieberman
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 21, 1999
              Dear Milt,
              I am putting a check in the mail tonight.
              Thanks!
              Hope it is good reading.
              Susan

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 21, 1999
                > Dear Milt,

                > Thanks!

                > Hope it is good reading.

                > Susan

                This work is not a literary masterpiece. It is a typescript with many errors.

                What it is good for is an everyday knowledge of life in rado. What the
                schochet did. How the people drove 30 miles to minsk to buy goods for resale.
                How they went in a wagon convoy to deter highway robbers. What a typical meal
                was like. What the different occupations in rado did everyday.

                If a body will volunteer i will send the table of contents and first few
                pages which they can scan into and post on this mailing list.

                miltb
              • Susan Lieberman
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 21, 1999
                  Wish I could help with scanning but I don't have a scanner.
                  Thanks again, Susan