Re: autobiography of rado

  • RANDJUDY@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 21, 1999
      So why do you write to me?
    • RANDJUDY@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 21, 1999
        So why do you write to me?
      • RANDJUDY@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 21, 1999
          So why do you write to me?
        • Susan Lieberman
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 21, 1999
            Dear Milt,
            Autobiography of rado. Is that of the town Radoshkovich?
            I am interested in a copy?
            What is your address to send of it? Also when was it written? About what
            period?
            Thanks Susan VIUKER Lieberman Landau
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 21, 1999
              From: "Susan Lieberman" <viukerville@...>

              Dear Milt,

              Autobiography of rado. Is that of the town Radoshkovich?

              I am interested in a copy?

              What is your address to send of it? Also when was it written? About what

              period?

              yes it is radoshkovitz.

              I am not sure of the time frame, my guess is late 1800's to early 1900

              Probably written this century

              Covers around turn of the century

              It came from the Mississipi Historical society
              by A Issacson
              "From Russia Ghetto to the Mississipi Delta
              165 pages

              Milton E. Botwinick [prof.gen]
              POB 13464
              Philadelphia, PA 19101-3464

              Botwinick@...

              http://
              members.aol.com/botwinick
              commercial
              http://
              members.aol.com/botwinick/botwin.htm family listings
            • Susan Lieberman
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 21, 1999
                Dear Milt,
                I am putting a check in the mail tonight.
                Thanks!
                Hope it is good reading.
                Susan

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 21, 1999
                  > Dear Milt,

                  > Thanks!

                  > Hope it is good reading.

                  > Susan

                  This work is not a literary masterpiece. It is a typescript with many errors.

                  What it is good for is an everyday knowledge of life in rado. What the
                  schochet did. How the people drove 30 miles to minsk to buy goods for resale.
                  How they went in a wagon convoy to deter highway robbers. What a typical meal
                  was like. What the different occupations in rado did everyday.

                  If a body will volunteer i will send the table of contents and first few
                  pages which they can scan into and post on this mailing list.

                  miltb
                • Susan Lieberman
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 21, 1999
                    Wish I could help with scanning but I don't have a scanner.
                    Thanks again, Susan